Hey guys,

getting a new Fender Blues Junior soon as a birthday present from my uncle (its free)
and apart from looking for a nice clean/bluesy OD tone, i need an onver drive for a heaver tone (Chilli peppers, muse, darkness, rammstien, soil, Metallica, Alien ant farm).

Now befor you say anything i know that this amp isnt for heavey stuff so thats why i need to get a really good overdrive, to push it past its role in to heavey rock.
also one reasen for getting this amp is because its a good base to start a nice pedal rig,
which i intend to do. SO i would like some recomendations for the folowing pedals:

Can go used, buget next to pedal

OVERDRIVE £100 (Fulltone: Fulldrive2?)

DELAY £75 Approx

TREMALO £??

CHOURS £60 Aprox (small clone?)

OCTAVE £?? (octave multiplexer?)

Thanx for any help guys

(i already have a wah)
gear4music indianapolis // Blackstar HT-1R Metal
For the tremolo pedal, Digitech whammy. No competition.

Cheers.
Correct me if I'm wrong but Isn't the Whammy a pitch shifter, Not a Tremolo. Boss TR-2
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
Quote by sofubar
For the tremolo pedal, Digitech whammy. No competition.

Cheers.

I think he means a Tremolo pedal as in the tremolo effect like used in the Boulevard of Broken Dreams intro. What you mentioned is a whammy pedal.

Umm as for overdrive, perhaps give a shot at a Boss SD-1? It is only £34.99 but it should be great for those bands, except maybe Metallica. If you want metal, you want distortion which for Metallica should be something like a Electro Harmonix Metal Muff. you'd be best off getting a Boss tremolo pedal.
thanx for your effort guys, the digitech whammy is a whammy pedal , nothiing like a tremalo unfortunatly, thanx anyway.

anything in the boss line im afrade just wont cut in to the sort of power i need in an overdrive.
for the other effects yes but not overdrive

im still open, keep em coming
Just go for a tubesreamer, or tubescreamer clone. Will Get you that metallica tone.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
Ah woops sorry about the tremolo whammy mess up, my bad.

Distortion, i'd say go for the Metal Muff. Crank one of those right up and you can get something close to the long sort after 'Dimebag' sound. So yes pretty 'mental' lol.

Cheers.
+1 on the tubescreamer as an excellent pedal, but you might need something a tad more extreme for Rammstein/Soil...

Go with BOSS for the delay and tremelo. Small Stone is a great chorus pedal, but just be aware that it has its own individual sound, so isn't as flexible as some other units.
In fact, unless you want to go boutique all round, the BOSS range should be fine for everything (bar OD).
OVERDRIVE- Try a few out, the Fulltone won't be that heavy, and it's too expensive.
DELAY- I'm selling a Boss DD6 for exactly £75 if you're interested.
TREMELO- The Boss one?
CHORUS- Small Clone, Boss choruses
OCTAVE-Do you really need one?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
For Octave down the Boss OC-3 is pretty sweet. Got one of those myself and I wouldn't ever part with it.
the small clone is a great pedal, definately recommend that for the chorus.
do take note that Tubescreamers and its clones/variants arent transparent, they tend to add a mid bump to your tone, so you may or may not like it.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
thanx guys i think im gonna go with a jekyll and hyde overdrive, the look pritty cool , gonna have to try one out at the local shop, they seem to have the sort of power that i would need. the ehx octave sounds better than the boss one to me, but again i will have to try it.
im suprised to hear so many of you sugest the tubescreamer for a total full on overdrive, ive been told by people in the industry that it simply wont nail the tones im after...

that for your help, any ideas on short leads and pedal boreds ?
Oh yeah, the EHX octave will be better, I'm pretty sure of it. You talking about the POG? If you can afford the EHX octave go for it. If not, go for the OC-3.
Quote by mr_hankey
The Full-Drive is a Tube Screamer, fools. (A TS-808, to be precise)

I have a Mosfet version...and it's waaaayyyyy more versatile than a TS. I had a TS-9 and it sounded like ass compared to my FD2. They really can't even be compared. I mean you can get so many tones out of a FD2, from heavy almost distortion to clean chimey overdrives. I love the thing.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
How about a Digitech EX-7? It has a chorus and tremolo model on it, overdrive and if you put the whammy right, it could be used as an octave pedal. It doesn't really have a delay on it though (except for the space synth).
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
i wouldn't touch the ex-7 with a 10 ft barge pole - its a jack of all trades, master of none, and to be honest im not sure if it even fits the jack of all trades bit, you'd be much better off with a decent chorus pedal and a decent tremelo pedal.
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...