i seem to be in a kind of musical depression at the moment, i dont feel like practising much and when i do i just get bored and dont know what to do. I try to be more strict with myself but it just isnt working.

any help?
Quote by CoreysMonster
Listen to Tool and Buckethead. Works for me.

agreed, I get like that sometimes too. every once in a while i get to where i dont even touch my guitar for a week straight. I'm sure its just a phase. It happens to the best of us. Dont worry. Maybe try not being so strict. if you just wing it at playing guitar you'll have more fun that way. works for me.
some people like sports.
i like tits.
You say you're being more strict with yourself but obviously you're not being strict enough. Just force yourself into it, it's the only way otherwise you're just ****ing yourself over.
Don't listen to music of the popular genre (rock, punk, metal etc). Listen to Jazz, Classical or Blues.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

i find it easier if you play a few different styles of music. dont feel like shredding? just dust off the accoustic. stuff like that, smokin a joint always works also
watch some of your favortie bands in live videos online, or jsut of people being really good at gutiar on youtube. that always inspires me and makes me want to play.
METAL
Quote by irishman
i find it easier if you play a few different styles of music. dont feel like shredding? just dust off the accoustic. stuff like that, smokin a joint always works also

haha, so true
R.I.P. Lester William Polsfuss June 9, 1915–August 13, 2009
Quote by Moggan13
I'm dissapointed by the lack of penis.

If anyone sigs that, i'll fucking kill them.
Quote by Kensai
I'm a good person and I never meet any pretty girls who loves jesus
yeah i was just doing some solo recordings and was getting a little bored playing the bass for so long so i picked up the old acoustic and now im back to recording. that works for me
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
The Special Ed kid of the bass militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join

Quote by fourstringpunk
She looks like an STD vending machine.
Quote by GoodNite_AmyLee
Don't listen to music of the popular genre (rock, punk, metal etc). Listen to Jazz, Classical or Blues.

^keeps me goin. listening to a totally different style/approach to music than you've been listening to recently really helps. sometimes i get hooked on one band/style, and need to break away from it with somethin different
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Quote by somewhat_here

i wish i was fat so i can buy xxl clothes during liquidation
If I want to be motivated to play guitar, I just watch my Satch DVD.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."