Here's a little instrumental from my band. It's still just a demo done by just me one morning to test out my GT-8. Opinions are welcome.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=656668
#2 member of the ''Guitarist that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen'' club.

PM Davidian to join.

Quote by potassium_39
dude your a walking talking metal making expert!!!

i bet this person sucks so bad emo people laugh

^0wned^
i liked it. started of a bit like hotel california, then lead came in and changed the dynamic. great if you put words and drums to it. could be a nice song. no offence but it got a bit boring after a while though :P even though you tried to change it with new chord progression i thought over 5 minutes was a bit long

7.5/10

if u have time please crit mine @ https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=513837
Smexy. =]
Yeah, it may seem a bit long. But I think the drums can change that, because they're supposed to make the ending seem more heavy and dynamic. And it's supposed to be instrumental. I'll check out yours later.

And yes, the opening reminds me about Hotel California too :-)

EDIT: I tried checking out your site, but didn't find anything.
#2 member of the ''Guitarist that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen'' club.

PM Davidian to join.

Quote by potassium_39

^0wned^
Last edited by Dante's Inferno at Jan 30, 2007,
I'm typing as I listen. The clean tone is good. And the bass, even if done with the octaver, is not so bad. the lead is damn great, at the beginning. With a real (or programmed) bass on background it could even be better. it also definitely needs drums at some point, but it's good as it is too. All I can say about the playing is that it should be just a little smoother in some points. Oh and, a key change would be great also, at some point. Anyhow, good job overall
Yes, if I removed all instruments except the bass, it wouldn't even sound like a bass guitar. I actually just keep it to make it sound fuller. Yes, the lead needs to be smoother. I just bought headphones now so I can hear more than just an unplugged guitar.

The full version also includes a third guitar (playing finger-picking during verses and doubling the lead in the chorus), since I'm in a three-guitar band. But that's so incredibly hard to mix.

Anyways, thanks for the replies. I really appreciate advices on how it can get better, so don't be afraid to say what you mean. That doesn't mean I'll agree on just about anything though.

PM Davidian to join.

Quote by potassium_39

^0wned^
I don't like the 1.22-1.25 lick. It sounds too staccato for me and it uses all the same note durations. Try to let them flow into eachother a bit more, while switching note durations.

I don't really like the clean tone. IMO it's too trebly. Try rolling down the tone knob on your guitar and/or using the neck pickup (or maybe both pickups) and/or messing with the EQ.

The song doesn't really have a climax. By doesn't really, I mean doesn't at all. I'm sorry to say.. You've played reasonably well, but the song isn't interesting enough to keep me as a listener. I've finished listening though. For hints: Listen and play other instrumentals. Learn how to play like the masters.

Sorry if I came off like an elitist pig that's only out to destroy you.. I'm not!

Care to crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=517182
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
That little lick isn't my best one, I know. I've actually been trying to come up with something else, but I'm so damn lazy :p

And the climax is supposed to come with the drums. The ending is supposed to be heavier. The clean is actually supposed to be played on a Strat (my friend's, but he wasn't available atm).

And I'm not trying to put down any of your opinions, I respect them all, and will take them into consideration. I'm hoping to get a new version up, and I will definitely try to remember them all. Hopefully get some drums.

Btw, does anybody know of a good drumprogram for Mac that isn't midi? It doesn't have to be very real-sounding, just programable and export-able in either wav or mp3.

PM Davidian to join.

Quote by potassium_39

^0wned^
hm. i liked it. well done. but i agree with a lot thats already been said here. kind of long and loses interest about halfway. but yea that can be changed with drums or vocals or whatever else your gonna add to it. i enjoyed the licks the ending was teh pwn as well. man i see great potential for this bad boy. throw in some sick drums and i think itll be pretty good when its finished. tell me when you do cause i wanna hear this (pm or just post it here).
btw. thx for the critique on mine.
Good Job! I liked it, but i think for the climax try and play one of the riffs higher on the neck and faster,(or maybe slower, just change it up a bit) and if u combined that with the drum ending, it would be really good