Ok all, i wanted to know something. In The Unforgiven II by Metallica, is there an effect at the beggining (the soft part, also the 1st verse), cause i dunno how to make that country sonding bend on here. I'm bending the string like it says to, but it just doenst sound right. Any comments, help ,etc.
MMM I dont know the song but I would suggest a clean sound and sort of "Pop" the string as you bend it. I think anyway. Try It.
i suggest either wearing a straw hat while you play, or alternatively, sodomising your cousin and rubbing the fluids onto the fretboard
MARK ALL THAT APPLY:

[_] [_] [_] [_] [x]

Quote by cagnius
Shut up. Actually, higher mods...can we ban him for being a cunt?
A delay pedal on quick setting so it's kinda like a roomy reverb feel.
I think it's to do with the use of reverb. Maybe a quick delay. Adding some brightness to the tone might help as well.
A Telecaster with a B-Bender, Kirk Hammet has used one before. Its basically a Tele outfitted with a lever that will bend you B string in a way that will make it sound like a pedal steel. Alot of country artists use them.

If you don't want to shell out the money for a Telecaster, just try to work on your bends, and make sure to use time tested country guitar effects like slap back delay, reverb and lots of treble for that popping sound.
Piezo?
I love neapolitan ice cream, but I HATE VANILA AND STRAWBERRY!

Tremulous Name:
Aaron-[UVache]