They're dirt cheap as pedals go so I don't expect them to be great, but which ones are a good buy and which are not worth bothereing with?

Same for those Behringer ones as well.
The chorus isn't that bad, (danelectro) I haven't played any of te others, but I've heard good things about the distorion and metal pedals
Just let the good times roll.
Quote by unconstrained60
The chorus isn't that bad, (danelectro) I haven't played any of te others, but I've heard good things about the distorion and metal pedals

So have I.

I think they break easily, though. You can't expect much for 20 bucks. The danelectro mini series, the ones with wierd names, are actually pretty good. Some of them, anyway.
hmm, I wouldn't be putting them through rigorous use, and i tend to step tentatively on my pedals rather then stomping them....

I might get the chorus pedal then, it ought to be better then that of my multi.
Danelectro Fab pedals are great. I've got the Fab Chorus and Fab Overdrive and had a Fab Metal. They're all very good for the prices, but the bad point about the Overdrive, etc, is the feedback it can create. But they sound awesome for their price. The chorus is brilliant.
cool i rather have my eye on the chorus. Just out of interest, how does it compare the the boss, digitech or EHX one that cost £35 more?
no chorus will match up to the small clone, but the 'milkshake' chorus from danelectro is supposed to be pretty damn good.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Quote by notsojoeyb4eva
no chorus will match up to the small clone, but the 'milkshake' chorus from danelectro is supposed to be pretty damn good.

The Fab Chorus is pretty much just as good, IMO.
^ i had the fab metal at one point, (dont know why, i CANT STAND METAL MUSIC) and it was pretty damm good for its genre, so i guess i can expect good tones from da rest, anyone know of any soundclips, im looking into the mini pedals, just for a bit of fun lol
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Quote by notsojoeyb4eva
^ i had the fab metal at one point, (dont know why, i CANT STAND METAL MUSIC) and it was pretty damm good for its genre, so i guess i can expect good tones from da rest, anyone know of any soundclips, im looking into the mini pedals, just for a bit of fun lol

I also had the metal, but mine broke. It was awesome. And I don't play much metal.

http://www.danelectro.com/

You can hear sound clips from their website.
cheers dude^
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

Wow, those sound pretty amazing for the price *grabs wallet*
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

Quote by notsojoeyb4eva
Wow, those sound pretty amazing for the price *grabs wallet*

Lol, you're not the only one who thinks that.

*Grabs Wallet - Notices is £10 short*

Damm.

Still though few weeks and I'll have my Fab Echo.
Thanks for the clip adam, and i checked ou the website and it sounded pretty good too. For £15, I can't go wrong so I think I'l give it a try.

Also, TahJermie metioned that the distortion one worked well as a solo boost, would the same apply for the OD? (I wudnt be relying on these pedals for my tone, just as a boost)
Quote by sam i am
Thanks for the clip adam, and i checked ou the website and it sounded pretty good too. For £15, I can't go wrong so I think I'l give it a try.

Also, TahJermie metioned that the distortion one worked well as a solo boost, would the same apply for the OD? (I wudnt be relying on these pedals for my tone, just as a boost)

I haven't tried the OD, but man, I found a great sweet spot with the distortion turned low on the Fab Distortion, pure bliss and harmonics jumping out all over the place.
Danelectro pedals are pretty good. i have a Dan-Echo which i got for £2 (BARGAIN!!!) that works perfectly, it's great for blues soloing with my tele. I also have the Freespeech Talkbox, it's great for the money, even though the supplied mics are useless (good job i had a proper vocal mic lol).

I'm enthusiastic about dano FX and guitars and i'm impressed by the sound samples on their site for the fab pedals, i plan on getting the overdrive and distortion
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
Danelectro pedals are pretty good. i have a Dan-Echo which i got for £2 (BARGAIN!!!) that works perfectly, it's great for blues soloing with my tele. I also have the Freespeech Talkbox, it's great for the money, even though the supplied mics are useless (good job i had a proper vocal mic lol).

I'm enthusiastic about dano FX and guitars and i'm impressed by the sound samples on their site for the fab pedals, i plan on getting the overdrive and distortion

Is your echo the Fab echo? Or just a Dano-Echo or something?
I have the Fab Metal pedal and is great to play rhythm stuff but no lead. It doesn't handle too well high pithch notes, it sounds thin and nassal, very digital. Is great if you're a beginner and need more gain than those 10watt cheap amp can have.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
Quote by sam i am
Cool, I'l have to try these pedals out sometime. Out of interest, what distortion are you using it in conjunction with?

Works great with anything from a Marshall type distortion to a Boogie type. Pedal distortions sound great with it too. Even good with clean channels. You have to find the sweet spot, but once you hit it, it's pretty rockin.
Quote by El Cumanés
I have the Fab Metal pedal and is great to play rhythm stuff but no lead. It doesn't handle too well high pithch notes, it sounds thin and nassal, very digital. Is great if you're a beginner and need more gain than those 10watt cheap amp can have.

Hmm I dunno I'll have to disagree with you there,If you play around with the tone knob you can find a nice happy medium with it.

The Fab pedals are great,the only reason they are so cheap is because they are made of plastic,Thick plastic at that..Just as long as you dont drop a concret block on it or anything I think you would be fine.I have the FAB Metal and the chours and the only problem with the metal one is I droped it on a concret floor about a week ago and now the switch is kinda iffy...you gotta press pretty hard but it still works.

Great pedals for dirt cheap prices
sorry to ressurect this thread but the Marshall Regenerator has caught my eye, it is a Vibe, Chorus, and Flange all in one for £40, might this be an even better buy then the Danelectro? Does anyone have any experience with this?