Hey guys

I just bought a toneport ux2 from a guy that had it like a week and was going to take it back. He gave me a deal on it so I scooped it... I have a few questions as he did not have the manual for it and the help really sucks for it...

1) Do you have to buy another cable if you want to hear the guitar through the PC speakers? I have been trying to make it work through the USB alone and it wont...

2) what is the best software to use with it? I have audition 2.0, I just formatted and have not reinstalled it yet, does it work with this or something else?

Thanks
it should have come with ableton live 4.0 or some other version. that is the best because it's made to work with the tp.
Quote by cheames
neither is great. The Fender is bad though, unlike the Behringer which sounds so bad that it makes you want to stab out your own eardrums with a blunt pencil . hope that was helpful.

Guitar
Expert
1. You need the USB cable AND a speaker input cable, that should have come with the unit. If you dont have it, it's because the guy didnt give you one. No worries.. Radio Shack has you covered.

2. I havent had much luck getting my GuitarPort to work with many programs. The Toneport may be different, I dont know. But I use Audacity and it works great.
Quote by SuburbanCowboy
1. You need the USB cable AND a speaker input cable, that should have come with the unit. If you dont have it, it's because the guy didnt give you one. No worries.. Radio Shack has you covered.

2. I havent had much luck getting my GuitarPort to work with many programs. The Toneport may be different, I dont know. But I use Audacity and it works great.

audacity always has a huge amount of latency for me for some reason. not sure.
Quote by cheames
neither is great. The Fender is bad though, unlike the Behringer which sounds so bad that it makes you want to stab out your own eardrums with a blunt pencil . hope that was helpful.

Guitar
Expert
1) Elaborate on the "it wont" part please? Do you have the Toneport drivers and the Gearbox software installed? Do you have your guitar, speakers and computer all connected to the Toneport?

2) I've used it with Audition 2 (though I've since moved on to Tracktion), and it works just fine. There is no "best" software, as such. Toneport presents to your recording software a standard ASIO interface, so use whatever supports that.

Quote by jamrockradio
it should have come with ableton live 4.0 or some other version. that is the best because it's made to work with the tp.

Sorry, but that's hogwash. The Line6 Edition of Ableton Live that comes with the Toneport is essentially just a slimmed down, limited version of the full Live. A bundle deal. An appetiser, if you will. There's nothing in it that makes it work with the Toneport better than other similar programs. In fact, you might soon find yourself outgrowing the bundled Live Lite Edition due to the four track limit.
Last edited by indrek13 at Jan 29, 2007,
I have always used Acoustica Mixcraft with my toneport. Personally i like it a lot.

As far as hearing it through the computer speakers, what I would do is get a 1/8" to 1/4" adaptor and just plug the speakers directly into the toneports headphone jack.
I dunno what that other guy was talking about with the speaker input cable. Mine just came with the USB, but i have an adaptor so that's what I use.

Also, yes the Ableton software that comes with it is crap. Use something else.
Last edited by bbsbass at Jan 29, 2007,