I'm pretty new to pedals and this site so, Hi, well ive been using it for a while anywho. I've been using my first act start amp with a first act start guitar (dont know the names of them) and I've just been using the OD on the amp and now that I got a new guitar (ESP F-50 lol) I'm starting to look for a new amp with some new pedals to go with it. I know I want a wah, overdrive, and a distortion pedals. I've been thinking about noise suppressors and chorus pedals but I dont know a lot about the noise suppressors so can I get a lil info about that thanks. for the wah pedals I narrowed it down to a snarling dog, weeping demon and a cry baby (not usre the type) I just need some opinions on them thanks. for overdrive its between bad monkey and screamin' blues. for distortion its death metal, grunge and a metal zone. i have no idea about the noise suppressor and chorus. i just need some opinions for them.
now amps I just need something for like small gigs and practice with a extra kick to them. also what makes a good pedal board? i appreciate your help.
I need something that can scream and growl and then have a nice clean sound.
thanks again
if you get a good tube amp you only need the overdrive if you get a solid state get a distortion. you dont need both.
Quote by Chad Brown
if you have a tube amp without distortion then you need both dumbass

I hang my head in shame. An overdrive is meant to push the tubes in a tube amp to a natural overdriven sound (or distortion). You don't need a distortion pedal with a tube amp. "dumbass".
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
depends on your interst in music...hes looking at metal pedals...your not gonna get a metal sound out of a damn overdrive pedal
Quote by Chad Brown
depends on your interst in music...hes looking at metal pedals...your not gonna get a metal sound out of a damn overdrive pedal

Metal Muff
Zakk Wylde Overdrive

Can't imagine these will get you metal sounds?
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
If you're between the Death Metal and Metalzone, I'd take a look at the EH Metal Muff or a modded Metalzone. For Chorus, nothing beats the EH small clone IMO. Oh, and definitely go with the Bad Monkey, I have one and I love it. For noise suppressors I'd look at the ISP Decimator or the Boss Ns-2.
ok, not the metalzone, and to the argument, guess why distortion pedals were invented??

because fender amps didn't sound like jimi and pals...

if you have a clean amp, you can use distortion pedals...and I'm pretty sure the metal muff is a distortion.

to TS, i'd stay away from all those distortions if I were you...metal muff would be a better choice.
Quote by thundrstruk891
do EXACTLY what rock savior said.

EXACTLY.

Quote by SGKIDD
^^ X2,00,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

To me

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM greendayguitar or blues_rocker to join.
Quote by Chad Brown

if you check any pretty much any metal band, you will see they are using either a ts808 or a ts9 or a clone of some sort. and you mix it with the overdrive of the tube amp.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

Quote by SublimeGuitar
if you check any pretty much any metal band, you will see they are using either a ts808 or a ts9 or a clone of some sort. and you mix it with the overdrive of the tube amp.

Yeah, great for solo boosts and when you turn down the gain, they tighten up the distortion and bring out those harmonics like crazy.
i love the weeping demon, kicks the crybaby's ass. havent tried that snarling dog.
bad monkey, its utterly amazing.
out of those distortions, say none. i say Pro Co RAT Turbo.
and you guys can shut up, theres no rules to owning distortion+overdrive+tube amps.
i have a tube amp, and i use distortion AND overdrive equally as much, and in combination.
theres also countless pro artists that use a distortion pedal run straight into a tube amp.
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
It all starts with the amp. Look at the Marshall DSL401 and then look at the Metal Muff for pedals. You'll need a wah, so look at Weeping Demons, the Dunlop 535Q Crybaby, or the Dimebag wah. You should probably get a little boost so that's where the amp distortion comes in.
Sent from my iPad.
all distortion pedals are pretty much worthless, why do i say this, because they sound HORRIBLE. you cant even understand what is being played when somebody is using one in a band. whoever said that overdrive pedals dont get metal tones, you my friend, are retarded. lets take a tour of how to get a REAL metal tone. first you click on the drive channel. then you add a tubescreamer which adds gain but doesnt f up your tone, clarity, and creamyness. this is what kirk hammet does, and im pretty sure hes metal. if you really think your a devil worshiper, and this isnt metal enough for you, you can buy yourself a bass eq and slap that on there.
so i say again, DISTORTION PEDALS ARE WORTHLESS STOP BUYING THEM.
oh yea, buy the bad horsie 2 wah. its basically the BEST wah there is, hella versitle, and you dont sound like every asshole that has a wah pedal.
whatever you say mr "metal head, devil worshipper"
what distortion pedals have you played?
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
almost all, lets run down the list, metal zone, metal muff, distortus maximus, every line 6 one possible, digitechs, and bassically every other boss dist. pedal.
my uncle owns a guitar shop.
you havent liked a single one of them?

whats wrong with your brain...
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
i enjoy real guitar tones. i play in a BAND, when you are playing, it doesnt cut through. ill explain to you my rig.

amps
Peavey 6505 head with a peavey cab
and a marshall mg100 and a fender chorus 120 all connected with a george lynch tripler

effects
bad horsie two wah, tube screamer overdrive pedal, boss chorus ensamble,

and then my guitars.
Quote by Chad Brown

You are a dumbass and I'd like to ban you, except that would be abuse of power.

I agree. Get a higher gain amp and then overdrive it.

If you're wanting to play metal you shouldn't buy a Fender in the first place. I agree, most all distortion pedals really can't compete with a good amp boosted into thick, saturated dirt.

My favorite metal pedal so far is the EHX Metal Muff. That is a cool pedal.

Don't buy ANY Crybaby, or a Weeping Demon. Horsie is ok, kinda blegh imo. The Dime is just a 535 with a few minor tweaks so n00bs charge more.

Go Vox for the pedal.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
You are a dumbass and I'd like to ban you, except that would be abuse of power.

I agree. Get a higher gain amp and then overdrive it.

If you're wanting to play metal you shouldn't buy a Fender in the first place. I agree, most all distortion pedals really can't compete with a good amp boosted into thick, saturated dirt.

My favorite metal pedal so far is the EHX Metal Muff. That is a cool pedal.

Don't buy ANY Crybaby, or a Weeping Demon. Horsie is ok, kinda blegh imo. The Dime is just a 535 with a few minor tweaks so n00bs charge more.

Go Vox for the pedal.

if the dirt part is directed to me, i dont boost my amps into dirt, i level them so the marshall and the peavey blend to make a versitle, heavy, and a thick tone that has a bite to it. the fender in my case at least, is just for clean, but if you werent talking to me, then just ignore what i said. the weeping demon is a great pedal but the only reason idont really like it is because mine broke.