I am looking at getting an od pedal and looking for an opinion. I am looking at the digitech screamin blues 49.95 Boss bluesdriver2 79.95 and Digitech tone driver 69.95. price IS an issue 3 kids 2 cars 1 house and none paid for yet, if ya know what I mean. I am also looking at reverb or echo pedals. Maybe the digitech digiveb or the ibanez de7.
Has anyone used any of these pedals.

I play classic rock blues rockabilly and country.(influenced by CCR, Brian Setzer, Clapton )
I play and ibanez artcore(hollow body) and use a marshal practice amp15w
I dont play in a band or gig just for personal enjoyment.
Anybody have any input or opinion??
Well for £35 (Which is something like $70) you could get a Boss SD-1 which is an awesome overdrive for the price, and could easily play the stuff you like. The Bluesdrivers aren't bad either. I've never had experience with the two DigiTech pedals, so i can't comment on them, sorry.

Oh and this belongs in the Guitar Gear + Accessories forum.
Quote by whitebluesboy
NEVER buy a digitech distortion or overdrive pedal in your entire life.

Why not?
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
I have a Death Metal digitech pedal and i like it fine... stop living up to your title and go elsewhere... unless you have evidence for these claims.
Digitech Bad Monkey
i was surprised by this pedal and reluctant to try it at first.
now i live by it. great alternative for tube screamers
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
I liked the bd2 better than the sd . Whiteblues please elaborate on the no digitech statement please, does that go for the rever as well or just od/dist??
Look at the Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
Quote by Bazilisck311
Why not?

it's too "digital" i don't like the digitech tone

get an ibanez tubescreamer or a boss blues driver or the ds-1
I like a more mellow or warm od The badmonkey and sd was a little "hot for my taste.
Thanks for the posts so far.
Im relatively new to pedals, i have been using the digitech rp 80 and want to get away from the multi pedals, so any and all advice and opinions will be apreciated.
Quote by telemonster
I like a more mellow or warm od The badmonkey and sd was a little "hot for my taste.
Thanks for the posts so far.
Im relatively new to pedals, i have been using the digitech rp 80 and want to get away from the multi pedals, so any and all advice and opinions will be apreciated.

Yea dude, check out the Sparkle Drive its perfect.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
The Bad Monkey is hands down the best value in an OD imo

If you can afford a Sparkledrive though, they're pretty class.
Looking at the voodoo labs web site ...looks like a nice pedal, the demo sounds cool,but a little pricey for me.
dude,go with mxr.thats what alot of big guitarist use .i have the double shot.the lead channal is perfect for classic and hard rock solos.but boss is good to.digitech is hard to get good quality tone out of it.it kinda sounds fake to me.i have to admit though i do have a rp80 and i dont really care for it.tyler