Hi guys. I recieved an amazon.com gift certificate for Christmas and am looking for a good guitar book to buy. I am a beginner/intermediate guitar player that has been playing for a little over a year. I have been self taught and teacher taught, although I have had trouble sticking with a teacher because I am very picky (the one teacher I loved workin with now lives two hours away because I had to move). I want a book that gets into technique and theory and explains it in a way that a intermediate player like myself can understand. Does anyone got any good suggestions for me? Thanks

Jeremy
'fretboard logic books 1-3'. you can get em on amazon, teaches scales, fretboard theory and all sorts. I found it to be the most useful guitar book i own. it will change the way you look at and play your guitar. not sure how useful this is if you play bass though, wouldnt reccomend it.
Last edited by *chief* at Jan 29, 2007,
Quote by mulletman500
Well, I don't know about a guitar book, but I'd recommend the Mr Men and Little Miss series by Roger Hargreaves.

Thanks for the suggestion. But it looks like my reading level has far surpassed yours years ago. I still have some old children's books that I could donate to you to better your reading skills. Just send me a pm with your information. Anyways I found a book called Fretboard Logic by Bill Edwards that has gotten lots of good reviews. Anyone have any info on this? or any suggestions of better books? Thanks for the help
Quote by *chief*
'fretboard logic books 1-3'. you can get em on amazon, teaches scales, fretboard theory and all sorts. I found it to be the most useful guitar book i own. it will change the way you look at and play your guitar. not sure how useful this is if you play bass though, wouldnt reccomend it.

LOL looks like I was typing at the same time as you. Thats the book I found to be the best so far (by reviews)