Hey guys, i have just borrowed a fender aero precision bass from a friend and loved it. But he doesn't wanna sell . Could you guys suggest an active bass with a nice thin neck for general rock tones for about £300 please

Thanks in advance
Quote by Freddy_Walker
stevo 192 lol mate u a beast! Such a rebel!!!

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
Trace Elliot Series 6 head and cabs
Fender American Stratocaster
Vintage Teisco electric guitar
Fender princeton 650 dsp amp
dont those things have jazz necks on them?

anyways, take a look at the Force 4 basses by Washburn. i think they are in your price range, they would be here in the states
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
ok thanks, yeah they do have a jazz neck on and i loved it! what's you guy's opinion of the Epi thunderbird? I have found one for £250 in mint condition with case
Quote by Freddy_Walker

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
Theres the Ibanez SR 500, recommended by a lot of people for rock, and i think its a thin neck. http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/ibanez-sr-500/11054

Theres also the Ibanez SRX390, not heard much about them but i'm only suggesting a couple off a certain website. http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/ibanez-srx-390/69069

EDIT: ^ Threadstarter, I've heard that the Epi thunderbirds have a very heavy neck and a tendency to neck-dive, but then again other people have said they play well. I fancy one in the future but without experience of playing i wouldn't know. Ask if you can play it to try it out.
signature
ok thanks ill check those out
Quote by Freddy_Walker

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
On the Epi, try it before you buy it. Not everyone likes the weight and neck thickness of those basses, yours truly included. IMHO, those issues outweighed the nice tone the Epis have.

I would ditto on the Ibanez recommendation--I own a SDGR 800 which I picked up used, that I like immensely. Ibanez has some really nice basses in your price range that would probably fit your musical needs.
Last edited by anarkee at Jan 29, 2007,