Hey all,

I've got a floyd rose on my guitar so I really hate alternate tuning haha, right now I have my guitar in drop d tuning. I can get away with most standard tuning songs knowing that i just have to play two frets higher on the e string. I dont have to have the exact same sound as a given song, like if a song is tuned down a step or two i dont realy care too much about it. Is there someway I can do the same thing with C F A# D# G C tuning? So like being able to play a couple frets higher or lower on a given string so that it sounds ok in drop d tuning?

The other tuning i was wondering the same thing about was B E A D F# B.

Thanks

Will
Well you CAN, it'll just be moire difficult the farther you stray from standard

You hear the stories about guys like chuck berry breaking a string during performance, not missing a beat and playing around the broken string - that's way more difficult then it seems

ever hear of the hipshot trilogy bridge? It's expensive, but might be worth it if you want to play with multiple tunings on stage.
Try a capo?

You're just using standard tuning but x steps down? Put the capo on the xth fret if you want to go back to standard again.
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
so C F A# D# G C is just lowered a few steps? my guitar theory is really weak....
I don't know what you could get from a tuning like that. With a tuning that far from the norm it will get harder and harder to find out what something easy to do in standard E tuning is with the strings tuned that low. Then you will find yourself relearning songs you already know and jumping around and just making it harder for yourself. Just stick to what you know and keep it simple.
Proud member of the Butsecks Militia.
Bend over, pull em down, and prepare to be boarded. Don't be a victim.
Quote by will342
so C F A# D# G C is just lowered a few steps? my guitar theory is really weak....

Yes, it's lowered two full steps = 4 frets.
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
Quote by elvenkindje
Try a capo?

You're just using standard tuning but x steps down? Put the capo on the xth fret if you want to go back to standard again.

i second the capo vote, i have one handy at all times for just this occasion, it goes anywhere my guitar goes (just like spare cables, picks and strings)