Im thinking about purchasing this from rondo music.

http://www.rondomusic.net/gg1ltd2.html

I'm just wondering if it would be worth it or not...it would mainly be used as a backup guitar and something i could use and abuse other then my stratocaster.

Post ur comments.
Last edited by El_Jameo at Jan 29, 2007,
it seems very nice but i want to get as much info on it as possible before i buy it.
the best thing to do if your unsure is find a shop where you can actually play this guitar or one of the same so you can get a real feel for it and hear how it plays. if you cant be arsed your gonna have to bite the bullit and buy over the net, just make sure you get copies of reciepts n stuff
it looks good but u might be able to get an epiphone from musicians friend for about the same price as that shipped i think they make like a $200 sg or something
i'd stay away from the last one- bad pickups, and it's gonna be a completely different feel, since it's basswood.

unfortunately, you can't try any of those guitars out in real life; they're at the website only.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
I don't know man. You had better stick with a brand name that you can trust. If you want a good guitar that you don't have to worry about. Find a guitar store and buy an already used strat. It'll be cheaper and its a strat. Also they made them better back in the day.
Proud member of the Butsecks Militia.
Bend over, pull em down, and prepare to be boarded. Don't be a victim.
I already have a very nice mexican stratocaster. This guitar would be just a backup for it.
No the second one wouldn't be a better deal because look it recomends a tuner, a cace, and strings it dosn't give them with the guitar it recomends you PAY EXTRA for them. the other one was only ten bucks more and you got a cace, but if you'r not going to listen to my other responce the first one would be a better choice
Im wondering which guitar would be better. im not worried about any extras such as strings or a case as i have a few sets of strings laying around as well as 2 unused cases that would most likely fit a les paul copy.
Quote by fret wanker
No the second one wouldn't be a better deal because look it recomends a tuner, a cace, and strings it dosn't give them with the guitar it recomends you PAY EXTRA for them. the other one was only ten bucks more and you got a cace, but if you'r not going to listen to my other responce the first one would be a better choice

fret wankers right go for the second one, but there both GGIs so it just a matter of which finish you like
i do see some slight differences one is made of mahogany and has a set neck while the other one is made from ash and has a bolt on neck.
Or you know what? You could get an acustic guitar. It would open your playing capabilities. An acustic is harder to play than an electric. If you were to get an acustic it would only make you a better player, and an acustic has a nice tone you can't get on an electric.
Quote by fret wanker
Or you know what? You could get an acustic guitar. It would open your playing capabilities. An acustic is harder to play than an electric. If you were to get an acustic it would only make you a better player, and an acustic has a nice tone you can't get on an electric.

thats like way off what he wanted to get i would just go with a brand name u can trust fender, epiphone, ibanez or w/e instead of sx the agiles r supposed to be good tho
I do have a cheap acoustic guitar but its a piece of crap. anyways i think im not going to take a chance with rondo music i just dont trust them. and thanks for the idea fret i might just get a acoustic now if mf has a nice one for cheap.
Glad to help!
THe ash LP with the case looks nice but I wouldn't buy an ash LP copy. The second SX LP copy you listed looks good and its mahogany. Between those 2 I would get the mahogany one. But for 60 bucks more you can get an Agile LP copy(AL series). I have an SX and its worth the money but the Agile is probably worth the extra money.

If you haven't already found harmony central, take a look at the reviews of some Agiles and SXs, and any other guitar you wanna learn about.

http://www.harmony-central.com/User_Reviews/
Wow. That is a beautiful guitar.
What music do you play?
I only heard good things about Rondomusic guitars so far, maybe you want to change the pickups after some time.
I'd have a guitar from Rondo if I didn't live in germany