Epiphone Les Paul 100
Ibanez Jump Start
Fender Acoustic
Ibanez Tone Blaster 100 Head
Hartke 412 Cab
Boss Chromatic Tuner Pedal
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez Weaping Demon
The more strings you have, the more pretentious you can be.
It's true, this stuff I make up.
~Dom~
The more strings you have, the more opportunities you have to suck.

Just kidding. It's pretty cool I guess.
are the inlays mother of pearl? They dont look like it.. maybe its my eyes.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
So what are they adding? 1 more low string and 1 more high? Or two of either?
Epiphone LP Custom
Peavey VK 100/Supreme 100 Bi-Amp
Mesa 4x12

Squire P-Pass
GK 1001
GK NEO 4x12
I dunno, its more about the possibilities than the playability I guess...
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
How are you even supposed to be fast up on the thick strings?

Ask Rusty Cooley.
^^^

Ugh, nasty

But yeah, bands like Meshuggah uses 8strings as mainguitars and damn, theyre good
*drool* +1 thats a damb sexy guitar... well its ibanez what can u expect!
ibanez rga121 ntf prestige
tanglewood tw28snq
marshall mg15dfx
jim dunlop crybaby
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Too bad the bridge sucks, I've heard that it's the worst trem Ibanez makes.

the bridge doesnt really matter since its not a floating trem. they bolted it down, so i actually think its better cuz if it were an Edge, Lo Pro, or Edge pro, then they'd prolly jack up the price some more and i'd be pissed cuz it wasn't a floating trem.
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
that thing looks like its hard to play, the neck is so wide, you need really big hands
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Definately low for maximum chugga factor

Most 8 strings with a high A are fanned fret because a string that can last at that tension is going to slice your finger open anyway.
So is the standard tuning AEBGDAEB, then?

That neck is a monster. I wouldn't get one. :p
Jackson JS30KE
Roland Cube 30
Wouldnt a high a string be a little sharp, what would be the gauge? like 6? and wouldnt another low string after a 'B' wouldnt it be called like an A# string or something?
Low to high, F#BEADGBe

like I said, guitars with high As tend to be fanned fret
Quote by MetalMilitia212

It's fixed.

Yeah, I've been wondering if it's a low F# or a high A.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Looks Terrible
Guitars
Fender Classic 60's Jazz Bass
Squier P-Bass
Fender Classic '50s Strat
Parkwood Western
Terada Classic
Amps
Ampeg SVT150H
Ampeg B410HE
Behringer BX600
FX
Boss OS2
Boss DS1
Boss TU3
Digitech RP100A
Ibanez blows, bad. Crappy guitars, with crappy pups, knock off Floyds and the gayest artist lineup of them all. If any manufacturer is at the front of the trendy pack, it's Ibanez. Don't say Satch, Vai, etc. those guys are great players, but only becuase your daddy told you so. They do nothing new and interesting anymore. They are just names noobs spit out to seem like they are in the know.
I heard about that a few weeks back, while hanging around the local music shop. Useless if you ask me me; I wouldn't get one. Six strings is bliss, I wouldn't want any more than that. Of couse, I'm sure eight strings will be cool for some people.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Last edited by MuffinMan at Jan 30, 2007,
Quote by CBROENNER
Ibanez blows, bad. Crappy guitars, with crappy pups, knock off Floyds and the gayest artist lineup of them all. If any manufacturer is at the front of the trendy pack, it's Ibanez. Don't say Satch, Vai, etc. those guys are great players, but only becuase your daddy told you so. They do nothing new and interesting anymore. They are just names noobs spit out to seem like they are in the know.

Dude....please....die....just please...spare us all from your n00bness.
Quote by CBROENNER

so who are some "great players"? Avenged Sevenfold? New found Glory? MCR?
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
Quote by CBROENNER

Zzzz
Quote by the spiker
One of the guys from Dragonforce plays an Ibanez.

holy sh1t really?
\
\
wow I should get an ibanez maybe then I'll be able to play as cleanly as herman riiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Quote by MetalMilitia212

It's a fixed bridge And both the guitarist play Ibanez guitars now don't they? Herman plays the S series and Sam plays the V blades?
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
Quote by lookie here
It's a fixed bridge And both the guitarist play Ibanez guitars now don't they? Herman plays the S series and Sam plays the V blades?

Then why do they have a locking nut? Something to do with String tension or what?
Dickless.
Quote by CBROENNER

Ibanez's manufacturing and quality control is top notch.

Yeah, okay, their stock pups suck.

Knock off Floyds? The Edge Pro are fantastic and feel better than an OFR imo.

Their artist roster is no better or worse than any other companies, and your opinion of them aside, almost all of the players with Ibanez sig models are fantastic guitarists. And I don't see how that affects the company's product, anyways.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
Page 1 of 2