Hey ho,

Right then, lately, it has come to my attention that my two song repetoire, while impressive and deserving of respect in its own right, is, in fact, crap, despite my full and complete mastery and understanding of twinkle, twinkle little star and baa baa black sheep, this does not, sadly, earn me much respect from my mates ! (I keed, I keed, I know more than this, not that bad really )

With this in mind, I would like very much if we could compile a list of 'guitar-playing secrets', so that we all may post songs, solos and riffs that sound great to your mates, but are, in fact, incredibly easy to play !

Now, this may have been posted before, if it has, I very much apologize. In fact, I'm relatively sure it has probably been posted before...hell, its probably a sticky, knowing all the horny pre-pubescent teenagers that you see on the internet who wish to impress their peers (and as a result get in their knickers). But nevertheless, I would like to compile a new list with you my friends !

Thanks a lot if you help out, any song at all that sounds good and is easy to play. If you have a link to some tabs, feel free to post them too.

I'll start with Jet's song "Are you Gonna be My girl", admittedly, soundwise this song is more akin to raping a high-pitched cat without using any lube, but it seems to work well for some reason as people go "OOooh, thats....that song ! Cool!". And then with some luck, maybe a little wink and a wry smile, and you could end up fingering a whole different kind of g-string that night.

Here is a link, this seems to be the best tab, although you only need force yourself to learn the solo. That should be enough, unless you're a horrible looking manboar. I had to learn the whole song. And then some

Yeah, please help me comrades Thanks very much.

Cliff notes : Post songs that are easy to play and will impress your mates. Or your parents if you dont have mates, I dont mind. Hell, even if your World of Warcraft guild-mates like it, post it up !
Ah. This may be the wrong forum also. Balls. Sorry about that. It was a toss up between this forum, and that tabs one, and I wanna make another post in there now, so I don't want it to seem like I'm spamming. Oh well. I like the look of this forum anyway. You all seem like nice, guitar-loving people.

Please dont eat me
sorry dude, but I seriously read that twice, and still have no idea what you're talking about.

*and hamish /is/ sober btw
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
learn the ------2-------3------4--------3------2-2--- part of MoP, sounds good to impress your guy friends -0-1----0-1-----0-1----0-1----0-1-------- can't be bothered to remember what the sections called though....and this is only if you can play it at speed
I thought it was beautifully written. See, I even included cliff-notes dammit !

Anyway, what I want you to do is, post tabs or song names. Be specific to songs that sound like they are hard to play, but in fact, could be played by somebody whos never picked up a guitar before...something a member of McFly could play. Something that easy, but that sounds damn good.

After quick perusal of the forums it seems we have "Solo for beginners" thread, but this one is like that thread, except with something of a sting in the tail, in that they cant just be for beginners - they have to impress your friends too
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
learn the ------2-------3------4--------3------2-2--- part of MoP, sounds good to impress your guy friends -0-1----0-1-----0-1----0-1----0-1-------- can't be bothered to remember what the sections called though....and this is only if you can play it at speed

MoP ?

Member of Parliament ?
The songs I'd impress my mates with are totally different to the ones I would impress my family with.
In fact I did play twinkle twinkle for my nephew the other day (on the spot, by ear, and not a note wrong - I impressed myself) and he was astounded!
He's 2 and I think I've given him the guitar bug.
Other than that, I'd play "Stripped, Raped and Strangled" by Cannibal Corpse or "Blinded by Fear" by At The Gates.
Main Gear:
Ibanez RG550EX
Ibanez S470
Epiphone SG CS Ltd Ed 1966 Reissue
Cort M200/WS
Richwood RS17CCE acoustic
Hayden Mofo
Harley Benton 2x12 Celestion V30

My Band - Haemasmtha
Reapersoul,you kindof confuse me
Zebra! llll llll llll llll llll

Save the Zebra's
Quote by Dr. B
The songs I'd impress my mates with are totally different to the ones I would impress my family with.
In fact I did play twinkle twinkle for my nephew the other day (on the spot, by ear, and not a note wrong - I impressed myself) and he was astounded!
He's 2 and I think I've given him the guitar bug.
Other than that, I'd play "Stripped, Raped and Strangled" by Cannibal Corpse or "Blinded by Fear" by At The Gates.

I can see why you didnt play those two songs for your nephew ! "Stripped, raped and strangled"...he would have loved it !

But yeah, are those songs easy to play ?
Quote by imSpecial2
Reapersoul,you kindof confuse me

This is a great thread ! Dammit, even when I expected this thread to have been posted before, and considered deleting it, I decided to let it stand as a testament to my supreme writing skills ! But then I found it hasnt been posted before, so I left it anyway.

Plus, I would have been too lazy to delete it also.
Quote by Reapersoul
But yeah, are those songs easy to play ?

Well they are easy to play by death metal standards, yes!
Main Gear:
Ibanez RG550EX
Ibanez S470
Cort M200/WS
Hayden Mofo

My Band - Haemasmtha
'times like these' by jack johnson, if getting into to g-strings is what your after jack will help your johnson

'this is how it goes' by billy talent
Last edited by *chief* at Jan 29, 2007,
Quote by Dr. B
Well they are easy to play by death metal standards, yes!

Damn. :P

I was more looking for something thats easy by the standards of somebody whose neevr touched a guitar, only has one arm, and no fingers. 'Cus I'm about that talented. But thanks for the reply
Eh, it's quite simple O_o he's just asking for you to post songs that are easy to play but are still impressive. Perhaps his writing prowess is over some people's heads :P Anyway, many Metallica songs are easy (lol Nothing Else Matters), but are easily recognizable and are great songs :P RHCP's got simple songs, too. Hell, learn Eye of the Tiger. I believe that song speaks for itself :P
Okay okay.
Wish You Were Here.
Paranoid.
Dead easy.
Main Gear:
Ibanez RG550EX
Ibanez S470
Cort M200/WS
Hayden Mofo

My Band - Haemasmtha
Quote by Serendipity
Eh, it's quite simple O_o he's just asking for you to post songs that are easy to play but are still impressive. Perhaps his writing prowess is over some people's heads :P Anyway, many Metallica songs are easy (lol Nothing Else Matters), but are easily recognizable and are great songs :P RHCP's got simple songs, too. Hell, learn Eye of the Tiger. I believe that song speaks for itself :P

Thank you, good sir knight.

I shall get to work straight away !

And that Jack Johnson song somebody mentioned...1) I dont want my friends to thing I'm a homosexual. (Just kidding ) 2) It's bloody hard. (You need 12 inch fingers, dammit, and six of them) 3) Jack Johnson makes me hard, so that will only lead to awkward conversations and embarrasing moments. Might take attention away from my guitar playing though...hmm, thanks

And Dr.B, many thanks to you I will learn them also...is Dead Easy a song, or were you just saying they were Dead easy ? Just kidding :P
jumping jack flash
paint it black - rolling stones
cochise - audioslave
... Umm... Practice.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Learn some riffs like the one in Lamb of God's Laid to Rest or King Diamond's Mother's Getting Weaker, those always impress my friends.
Dickless.
"Snow" by RHCP, no matter how badly you do it always impresses people.
ill give u a tip go blow a horse

The truth hurts, but denial is what kills you.

Member #2 of the Fight Club Clan.
PM AndrewSchaeffer to join.
Under the Bridge intro by RHCP, first thing i learnt, sounds more complicated than it actually is
Ok I won't just give you songs that will impress but ones that will improve so you can impress by means of being a good guitarist instead of a beginner, but i know how you're feeling, though i never intended to impress mates as they wouldnt listen cos they'd been playing longer than me (Now they don't practice or play half as much as me).

But:
Paranoid - Black sabbath.
And Iron Mand - Also Black Sabbath, these two are easy but the solos will improve your usage of scales your speed and hammer ons+pull offs
She Wolf - Megadeth, will improve your picking a hella lot just by playing the open string intro!
Midnight - Joe Satriani, VERY Impressive to your friends as its all tapped on the ffretboard but incredibly easy to play, this'll improve you tapping surprisingly

And this one's a lil' harder but, Sweating Bullets - Megadeth, I managed to learn it in just under an hour including the solo the song is piss easy but the solo will really improve your playing it has practically every basic soloing skill you need.
Quote by ameer
"Snow" by RHCP, no matter how badly you do it always impresses people.

thats not that easy...

RHCP - Otherside
Blur - Song 2

To impresse a girl i would go for RHCP - Tell me baby, and Jet - are you gonna be my girl...

At least it worked for me
Punk_ninja you are +1
Quote by Gigatiran
It's really not that hard... almost all women are sluts.

Quote by Twist of fate
do u rlly think a girl will come to school in the morning and interrupt ur conversation screaming "Hey i nailed my own poonaner last nite and came like a hurricane YEA BABII"
Quote by Reapersoul
MoP ?

Member of Parliament ?

yeap. member of parliament.
Quote by Charlatan_001
Uh-oh. People might mistake you for a homosexual if you buy a purple pedal.

Quote by Shredlet
You own an Rg2570E and you live in Australia I to you sir!
Snow is really hard, i mean, to play it up to speed and not play so badly that it's completely incomprehensable.
Reapersoul: I am surprised that no one managed to understand what you are saying, but y'know, most of them are americans (that's why Punk Ninja got in there straightaway).
Anyhoo, good thread I think, and even though this might be hard, once you nail it, it will almost certianly satiate the guitar playing desires of even the shallowest people:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKvIAuXMl7U

There! Go forth and shred!
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Quote by J.MitMetallica
Reapersoul: I am surprised that no one managed to understand what you are saying, but y'know, most of them are americans (that's why Punk Ninja got in there straightaway).
Anyhoo, good thread I think, and even though this might be hard, once you nail it, it will almost certianly satiate the guitar playing desires of even the shallowest people:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKvIAuXMl7U

There! Go forth and shred!

Thanks a lot.

I think I'm actually going to have an orgasm watching this guy play.

Thanks
LOL this thread is an awesome cheerer upper.

The Readymade solo by RHCP is easy-peasy, but sounds harder than it is.
People used to call me the intro king because I could play the intro to pretty much every song on the planet but never actually bothered to learn the whole song LOL

Also I play this really easy neo-classical tapping riff which always impresses by mates but deep down I known it's actually really lame compared to the likes of EVH and Satriani.
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
Thanks guys. I'm learning Ready made now. That, coupled with ym unique ability to play Canon Rock perfectly, and -nothing- else right, should be more than enough !

Thanks

Cecil, any chance you have tabs for that neo classical piece, no ?
It’s mostly improve but it’s something like this

e|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
B|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
G|-14-12-14-10-14-9-14-7-14-6-14-7-14-9-14-10-14-2-14-3-14-6-14-7-14-9-14-10-14-12-|
D|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
A|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
E|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

e|------------------------------------|
B|------------------------------------|
G|-14-10-14-9-14-7-\5~\3~\2~-3tr2-/5~-|
D|------------------------------------|
A|------------------------------------|
E|------------------------------------|

e|-----------------------------------|
B|-----------------------------------|
G|-----------------------------------|
D|-7-5-7-3-7-2-7-3-8-5-8-3-8-2-8-3---|
A|-----------------------------------|
E|-----------------------------------|x4

\  - Slide down
/- Slide up
~ - Vibrato
tr - Trill

Don’t flame me I know it sucks LOL
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
Quote by Reapersoul
MoP ?

Member of Parliament ?

Master of Puppets
Quote by xsynysterx06
adio_stack...i love you.
im not homo..

Quote by RideTheAnger13
lmao, omg, Adio, you have the best avatar known to man!