Page 1 of 2
I've been thinking recently about life. It seems that so many people are possesed by work and that it seems that is what their life is.
Im the opposite I do no work [the reason im failing school,till tomorrow and ill do my work] and I was just wondering what everyone else is doing with theirs.
I play guitar,listen to music and am planning to go to college to do E.lectronic engineering
EDIT: Im 15 by the way,flame me all you want I coudn't care less im more bothered about my fingers bleeding from 11 hours of playing guitar
Last edited by acdc4ever at Jan 29, 2007,
To much time on the computer. I do graphic design at college so it's good to have some work to do.
your a leg end.

i follow your mindframe perfectly.

i will either be a touring musician, a record engineer, on the dole or a crack dealer.
.My Rig.

Ibanez GAX75
Laney LV300T
Behringer UD100 ULTRA DISTORTION [lol]
Dano Octave Metal
Dunlop Crybaby
Work is necessary, but the most important is your family.. (Was just watching the "Click" movie )
That's what scares me about like growing up (for me I'm only 14)

Like, I don't wanna live just to work. It's like everyday, Get up, shower, eat, go to work, come home, eat, watch TV, sleep. And it just repeats. I want to actually do something. I want to travel and tour. I wanna be a musician or something creative. It scares me. I don't wanna be stuck in a tiny cubicle. Meh.
I agree... "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy", I must have my job be something that I enjoy doing so a musician would be perfect, maybe a guitar teacher on the side for some, somewhat steady cash flow.
Duke Ellington - If it sounds good, it is good.
Quote by acdc4ever
I've been thinking recently about life. It seems that so many people are possesed by work and that it seems that is what their life is.
Im the opposite I do no work [the reason im failing school,till tomorrow and ill do my work] and I was just wondering what everyone else is doing with theirs.
I play guitar,listen to music and am planning to go to college to do E.lectronic engineering

How the hell are you going to become an Electronic Engineer if you're failing school?!
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
Quote by guitarkid2113

Like, I don't wanna live just to work. It's like everyday, Get up, shower, eat, go to work, come home, eat, watch TV, sleep. And it just repeats. I want to actually do something. I want to travel and tour. I wanna be a musician or something creative. It scares me. I don't wanna be stuck in a tiny cubicle. Meh.

hey guitarkid2113, i hate you... alot, simply because you are a disgrace to RHCP, by putting that in your sig, and blink 182 as your pic!
Don't try engaging me
The vaguest of shrugs
The prescription drugs
You'll never find
A person inside

Quote by saphrax
I agree with This End Up
I'm just trying to pass school. Play the guitar for kicks and what not. I'm not sure what I would like to do later on. Maybe an architect, or a carpenter. Maybe just real-estate, or future leader of the world. From reading the bible, what I believe is that the only purpose for living is worshiping god, I mean thats why he created us in the first place so whatever.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by Cynoxx
How the hell are you going to become an Electronic Engineer if you're failing school?!

Was gonna say the same thing, plus how do you expect to pay for school if you refuse to work?
Quote by This End Up
hey guitarkid2113, i hate you... alot, simply because you are a disgrace to RHCP, by putting that in your sig, and blink 182 as your pic!

So I like two bands OH NO! I'M SUCH A DISGRACE!
Quote by This End Up

Pancakes.
Quote by Cynoxx

dammit! you beat me to it!
no work huh? electrical engineer? touring musician? bullshit, u get out of life what u put into it...if you don't work at watever it is ur trying to accomplish then u'll never achieve ur goals, if you work hard for what u want then u'll reap the rewards later, success doesn't come by sittin on ur ass, playing guitar, and watchin TV
hes got a rip for joe strummer, so i wont let you take the piss.

and blink 182 were good, they didnt claim to be punk or take themselves seriously. they were a pop band and did well. simple as.
.My Rig.

Ibanez GAX75
Laney LV300T
Behringer UD100 ULTRA DISTORTION [lol]
Dano Octave Metal
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by guitarkid2113

that tiny cubicle could be as big as you want

you could work in a boring office all day but at night you can play at a local bar with your blues band

/deluxity's dream

but i wouln't mind being a sound engineer or a session musician
Quote by deluxity
that tiny cubicle could be as big as you want

you could work in a boring office all day but at night you can play at a local bar with your blues band

/deluxity's dream

but i wouln't mind being a sound engineer or a session musician

Yeah. That would be cool. I'd rather do something as my main job though with music.
Heh, I like to follow a minimal effort policy. Even though I am studying for my A Levels, I only do what is necesarry. I suppose it helps I'm quite good at blagging tests and stuff with no revision, but I generaly get through on as little work as I can.

You see, getting A Levels and becoming a scientist is only a plan B. Of course I'd like to be in a band and get rich, but deep down we all know it just won't happen. So I have the saftey net of an actual career.

I know I need to actually work to keep the saftey net, but that's all I actually work for.
Quote by Vermintide
Heh, I like to follow a minimal effort policy. Even though I am studying for my A Levels, I only do what is necesarry. I suppose it helps I'm quite good at blagging tests and stuff with no revision, but I generaly get through on as little work as I can.

You see, getting A Levels and becoming a scientist is only a plan B. Of course I'd like to be in a band and get rich, but deep down we all know it just won't happen. So I have the saftey net of an actual career.

I know I need to actually work to keep the saftey net, but that's all I actually work for.

Life isn't all about money friend.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Quote by Cynoxx

I did say I was failing but I will clear that up, Im not failing as such, just my grades are not reflecting my ability.
As soon as I finish my coursework I'll be well ahead. I should Be leaving with straight A's Im gonna leave with C's and maybe a B in Science and English[possibly Product Design]
anyway my grades ARE up to scratch for the course I wanna do
Quote by CORT noob
Life isn't all about money friend.

Sure would be nice to have some though. What I mean is I'd prefer not to spend all my life trolling round the bars of Leeds with my battered up gear just to buy food lol.

I'd either like to get reasonably successful, like being a session musician, or have a regular job with a secure paycheck every month.
Quote by Vermintide
Sure would be nice to have some though. What I mean is I'd prefer not to spend all my life trolling round the bars of Leeds with my battered up gear just to buy food lol.

I'd either like to get reasonably successful, like being a session musician, or have a regular job with a secure paycheck every month.

What you just described sounds like heaven to me.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Quote by acdc4ever
[the reason im failing school,till tomorrow and ill do my work]

I am planning to go to college to do E.lectronic engineering

good plan!!
work to live dont live to work. I work a 40 hr a week job and I still have time to do what I want. (of course I have insomnia so Im awake 20+ hrs a day) My father has been a professional musician and still has to work a regular job. "Real life" is not that scary.
Duct tape. I need it for... taping something.
Quote by acidity
your a leg end.

i follow your mindframe perfectly.

i will either be a touring musician, a record engineer, on the dole or a crack dealer.

+1
I'm so unique I don't even have a sig.
You don't seem too smart, so I'll spell it out. If you don't work in high school, then you are not going to go to college and become an electrical engineer.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Id love to say soemthign in this thread but I have to much work to do
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Quote by E Daws
You don't seem too smart, so I'll spell it out. If you don't work in high school, then you are not going to go to college and become an electrical engineer.

who the **** r u?
You dont know me so can not possibly comment on my intelligence. I am pretty damn clever just lazy as hell and would rather play guitar.
Quote by acdc4ever
who the **** r u?
You dont know me so can not possibly comment on my intelligence. I am pretty damn clever just lazy as hell and would rather play guitar.

Trust me, in 2 years time you will realize how fucking stupid that was to say, I have.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Quote by acdc4ever
who the **** r u?

Hey buddy I'm only assuming you're as smart as you make your self out to be. Right now that's somewhere above Dog, but not quite at Dolphin.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Quote by E Daws

+1.
Quote by Draken
that 0/10 was for gonzo slash, i despise him.
N.W.A Is Fucking Up The Program
Co-Leader Of The League Of Toxicity33, Kankuro And Dr. Gonzo Slash
Quote by OneHappyCamper

Gonzo, you're a cool dude.
OK fair enough but still that gives u no grounds to call me stupid man. My IQ is well above average but I really am soooooooooooooooooooooooo lazy at school at the moment. Tomorrow I will do my work and pull my grades up
It's sort of a strange phenomenon, if you ask the average person what their IQ is, the average response will be that their IQ is well above average.
Quote by acdc4ever
OK fair enough but still that gives u no grounds to call me stupid man. My IQ is well above average but I really am soooooooooooooooooooooooo lazy at school at the moment. Tomorrow I will do my work and pull my grades up

keep telling yourself that.

but i'm pretty sure the average person has enough common sense to put this together:
do well in school = good grades and credits
good grades and credits = college
Quote by guitarkid2113

Yeah, i dont want my life to turn into "every day is exactly the same" (NIN)
The sad thing is, it kinda already is. I dont want to fit into the mold.

Quote by acdc4ever

I am pretty damn clever just lazy as hell and would rather play guitar.

yeah, same here.
Last edited by captain_jack at Jan 29, 2007,
My IQ is 130 and apparently the average is 100
I just got sick of everyone telling me how well I was gonna do and I screwed up
Happy now?
Page 1 of 2