Hey everyone, how you doing? I am doing fine thanks. I have been looking around for a multi-FX pedal now for a few weeks and I have found a few second hand Digitech pedals that have caught my eye. I have f the Digitech RP-1 for 150$ (Can), a Digitech RP-100 for 80$, and a Digitech GNX2 for 200 (and possibly 150$ (he hasn't gotten back to me yet)). I would go and try them all out and then decide, but they all live a fair distance away so I figured that I would get a few opinions from the knowledgeble people on UG!

So what do you guys think I should go for? I play mostly Power Metal and Prog. Metal. I would also like a decent clean tone. Keep in mind that I am not an effects freak and would just like a good unit to have a variety of effects and some good distortion, thanks everyone!

also, sound clips would be nice if possible. :-)
My Music Videos

Guitars:
Breedlove Revival Series OM
Crosby Fingerstyle Model
Voyage-Air VAOM-06
Fender Stratocaster (American)
Fender Nashville Deluxe Tele
ooo i just got a digitech rp200a and i love it. it sounds great for metal and it's got a good clean sound too. very easy to use...but, if you can afford a GNX model go with that, otherwise check out the rp200a...very good deal at $100-$130

also

check out www.digitech.com for loads of sound samples
Quote by King_Arthur
Gibson guitar = $500 (guess)

Pack of strings = $5

Messing up your guitar with a bass string = Priceless
Quote by treefiddey
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DigiTech-RP250-Multi-Effects-Pedal?sku=156607

I would get that one

I would recommend not getting the RP-100 because while it says it has whammy and wah, you have to buy a separate foot pedal and those are expensive as shit

I already have a crybaby wah that does all i really need in terms of a foot pedal
My Music Videos

Guitars:
Crosby Fingerstyle Model
Voyage-Air VAOM-06
You cant use the crybaby to control the whammy on the RP-100.

The wah on the RP isn't worth getting a pedal for. I'd recommend you get a Behringer X V-Amp if you can, as the sound quality on it is alot better. Better amps, more effects, a better foot pedal, and slightly more portable.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
Quote by Kutanmoogle
You cant use the crybaby to control the whammy on the RP-100.

The wah on the RP isn't worth getting a pedal for. I'd recommend you get a Behringer X V-Amp if you can, as the sound quality on it is alot better. Better amps, more effects, a better foot pedal, and slightly more portable.

Yah but I was thinking of putting after the RP and than just using it seperatly
My Music Videos

Guitars:
Crosby Fingerstyle Model
Voyage-Air VAOM-06
Quote by highwaysalmon
Yah but I was thinking of putting after the RP and than just using it seperatly

Which means you then have a wah, but still no whammy.

Get a Behringer X V-amp. 100 bucks, expression pedal included, and all that other stuff I mentioned.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you