Ok those who have had professional set-ups performed on their guitars (new & used alike):

Who did it?

How much did it cost?

How much did it increase playability?

Was it worth it?

Give details of what work was done.
i think it is worth doin, can have it done for like £20or30 including strings (50-70bucks)
I think it's better to learn to do it for yourself, that way you can adjust it to your own taste. It will save you some bucks too :P, hell you can even charge your buddies to do it for them.
I just booked mine in today, it was set up like crap from the factory. The store I bought it from didnt set it up.

I got two quotes from different stores.

Both were £60.

So if you got yours for £20-£30, then thats cool.

But then again I think they charged me £60 cuz my guitar has a floyd rose floating bridge, and they take the piss to set up.

Also having frets worked on and strings are included, since they said they recommend putting in new strings when you have strings removed from a guitar with a floyd.

kinda sad cuz the guitar is new so the stock strings are brand spanking new and good quality at that - the guitar cost me £550!! (Fernandes Vortex Elite - Limited Edition) A shame such a beauitful and expensive guitar wasn't ready to play.
Quote by Wraith1987
I just booked mine in today, it was set up like crap from the factory. The store I bought it from didnt set it up.

I got two quotes from different stores.

Both were £60.

So if you got yours for £20-£30, then thats cool.

But then again I think they charged me £60 cuz my guitar has a floyd rose floating bridge, and they take the piss to set up.

Also having frets worked on and strings are included, since they said they recommend putting in new strings when you have strings removed from a guitar with a floyd.

kinda sad cuz the guitar is new so the stock strings are brand spanking new and good quality at that - the guitar cost me £550!! (Fernandes Vortex Elite - Limited Edition) A shame such a beauitful and expensive guitar wasn't ready to play.

Invest 30 bucks in a DVD and learn it for yourself, I swear it's worth it.