So, I am a man with a low budget for a half stack. So. I have about $1000, and NO MORE, and I'm looking forward to buying the Randall RH300 G3 and I've heard this is a pretty good half stack. NOW, I want to buy the T2 head but then that leaves me with no cab. I want something that will give me a thrashy, dimebag sound, with at least OK cleans. Now i play Pantera, Megadeth, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Slayer, etc. Help?
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty
It's not rape if you yell surprise.

Quote by ZanasCross
Girls his dad's age rarely still have nice asses. Gravity attacks.
If you really want the T2 then save up some more for a cab for it, but if you cant then just go with the rh300, they both are gonna be good for those bands, the T2 is gonna sound better with the tube preamp though. I have the V2 and the cleans are all right, the ss overdrive is tight and punchy, but the tube overdrive channel sounds the best. So i would say save up and get the T2.
My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Plus with EMG 81/85(18v mod)
PRS Tremonti SE
Randall V2
Genz Benz G-Flex 212
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
ISP Decimator Prorack G
used XXX would be good for you.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Dude, relax. Youve made like 5 threads with simialar questions. I take it your not getting the answers that YOU want to hear so you are turning your cheek. Your going to get X1000 better of a sound out of a used tube combo, which you DO have the budget for.

And for the most part, randalls have a sub par tone across the board IMO. Again, the Titan and the Cyclone are the only Randalls Ive remotely liked and even then I find them too SS and Tinny.
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
Quote by tubab0y
used XXX would be good for you.

+1
OT. I might pick one up this week. Not my favorite amp but I stumbled across an offer I would be stupid not to snatch up.
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude