So a guy on my local Craig's List offers up a "Cheesy Guitar Amp - $10," right? "Tube model" it says in the description. I'm all over this ad! I live in the same town as the guy, and I responded to the ad within minutes of him posting it. I figure for $10, I'm buying it if it's a box of parts.

Here's the front:

He described it as "beat up," but really, it ain't bad at all.

Now check out the insides:

That's a Mullard 12ax7 in the pre amp spot. Can't make out the power tube. And the tube on the far right would appear to power the trelolo.

I plugged in when I got home, and I can't tell you how sweet this thing sounds. Can't be much more than 2W, if that, but with the volume pegged it's warm and delicious. The trem is soft and mild, but there. The pots are a little scratchy (you can't have everything), but I can't believe what I just picked up for $10!

Had to share it with someone... forgive the spammage.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
tone knob is wierd ..
you can only have bass OR treble?
anyways ... cool amp & great buy for 10$
congrats
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
Who cares, just slap an EQ in front it. Sweet find - I think it's safe to say anyone would be jealous.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
Quote by TinTin8
tone knob is wierd ..
congrats

Standard single knob, bassier to the left, more trebley to the right.

Thanks!

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Can you record a sample? Please...
Duke Ellington - If it sounds good, it is good.
bargains are awesome, my friend picked up a 60's or 70's fender strat (not sure what model) for £50 in a charity shop and had it repaired etc to find out it was keith richardsons guitar in past times, the guy offered my friend £3000 for it, which my friend declined, its amazing what bargains you can find if you look.
sweet deal you got there, but what kind of a moron sells a tube amp for 10 dollars?
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Quote by Anything Goes
Can you record a sample? Please...

I need to get myself set up with some recording toys. I have none. I'll definitely post some when I can. I'm still in the honeymoon stage here, but I might be unloading my Zvex now! I can't get over this thing.

Quote by danzig-_-
sweet deal you got there, but what kind of a moron sells a tube amp for 10 dollars?

Guy said it was his ex-wife's, and he was just looking to clear some space. He said he got an e-mail from one guy who told him it was worth a lot more, but he didn't care. He even thru in a cable!

I figure the Mullard tube is worth about 5x what I spent on the amp.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
my amp (comparable to a smaller JSX) only cost $125. and that was 25 watts!

owned.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
my amp (comparable to a smaller JSX) only cost $125. and that was 25 watts!

owned.

What amp is it?

After a little research, I found the same amp as mine had just recently sold on eBay for over $200. Think you can get 20x what you paid for yours?

Turns out it's not a Marvel (someone just put that sticker on it), it's a Premier Model 45.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Post more photos of ur dog!
Epiphone G400
Peavey Envoy 110
Boss Me 50
Boss Dr 660
Boss OS 2
Nice find! I'll give ya 15 for it If I were you I'd probably sell the tubes, put in some reissues and put the money towards a bigger amp... sounds sweet though!
Quote by tawermeister
bargains are awesome, my friend picked up a 60's or 70's fender strat (not sure what model) for £50 in a charity shop and had it repaired etc to find out it was keith richardsons guitar in past times, the guy offered my friend £3000 for it, which my friend declined, its amazing what bargains you can find if you look.

How the hell did he find out??? Serial check???
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Lucky find man! I'm quite jealous.

But my jealousy dissolves whenever I think of the Roger Mayer classic fuzz I bought.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by TinTin8
tone knob is wierd ..
congrats

a tone knob in general is a treble cut, or boost, depending on how you look at it. its nothing weird.

but great find, one of these days, ill have a great deal like that. (almost got a '64 les paul for about 300 dollars)
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
^And why didn't you get it?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
he didnt call back.

he had a bad satellite reciever, and i remembered he had the paul (i saw it before i started playing, so i didnt know its value) and i told him that i can get him a new reciever. he said he will think about it, but never called back.

i didnt mention the les paul as a trade, but i dont think he knows the value of it. so if i traded it, i would be about 10 grand richer. . .

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
wow, nice find! For $10, it was worth it probably for the knobs, lol.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by tawermeister

who in the f*cking hell is keith richardson... ya i have a hunch that my strat was previously owned by stevie ray vaughanstein too
Guitars: Les paul standard faded(wcr crossroad pickups), SG special(wcr crossroads) Roadhouse strat, G&L ASAT, Mahogany Strat (P90 and SD JB)

Amps: Vox AC-15 w/celestion blue, Vox AC-4tv, Orange tiny terror head, Ampeg Reverberrocket.
Quote by tawermeister

Give us prrof or you wont be liked here.
Quote by False_God
thats like 7 euro... you'd nearly pay more for the damn plug extension...

thats the cool part.

and pics of the richardson guitar (whoever he is )

Quote by steven seagull