I have a Epiphone SG G-400 Running to a Crate 212 Combo amp, I am looking for a Death Metal/Metal-core sound, what would be the best single pedals to purchase? also I have a Digitech RP300A if anyone knows some good patches to use for this style
krank distortus maximus.
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Ibanez Jump Start
Fender Acoustic
Ibanez Tone Blaster 100 Head
Hartke 412 Cab
Boss Chromatic Tuner Pedal
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez Weaping Demon
tube screamer. just use it with the drive channel and it will be perfect. trust me, distortion pedals are inaudible and cant be understood farther then 5 feet away. the tube screamer will add gain, but keep the clarity and smoothness of the tone. trust me on this. i play heavy metal too and tried ever pedal imaginable, i even have a crate 212 combo, and this is tried and true the best way to do it. also, if it isnt "metal" enough for you, but a bass eq, that will add some booming low end
personally i recommend boss metal zone
Quote by AzureNight
Don't worry guys, he's just bitter because he has a small dick.

Quote by Alexander_BR
You know that good feeling when you take a crap, gay sex is like that

Proud member of the Cardboard Mafia. Search "free boxes" for info.
if i were you i'd trade all of that crap for an accordion and drop out of school.
Just a personal opinion though, do what you want.
Quote by Ballsack5000
if i were you i'd trade all of that crap for an accordion and drop out of school.
Just a personal opinion though, do what you want.

Ugh. Get banned already, will you?

Also, I second a good OD pedal. Some metal artists also use the Maxon OD808. It's similar to the Tubescreamer, but not exactly the same. More different. Ish.
Quote by HIM%(^
tube screamer. just use it with the drive channel and it will be perfect. trust me, distortion pedals are inaudible and cant be understood farther then 5 feet away. the tube screamer will add gain, but keep the clarity and smoothness of the tone. trust me on this. i play heavy metal too and tried ever pedal imaginable, i even have a crate 212 combo, and this is tried and true the best way to do it. also, if it isnt "metal" enough for you, but a bass eq, that will add some booming low end

I love my Tubescreamer, but Im not really sure that's what he's after in terms of sound. Also, it didn't sound particularly great on my mates solid state.

Best bet is to try various pedals at a shop. I'd try:

Tubescreamer (just in case it is what you're after),
EH Big Muff/Muff Pi/Metal Muff
Boss DS-1

Then just keep trying till you find what you want. I really don't like the Zakk Wylde distortion but that might be what you're after.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
LIEK, 0VerdRive sounds h0rrible with SS! n00bs!

just kidding. OD would be good.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!