Im looking at buying my first delay pedal, and I was wondering what the difference was between analog delay and digital delay?

Im looking for a delay that'll improve my tone the most, so Im looking for the type of delay with the best sound quality. I doubt I'll use all of the spacey delays, mainly just a delay that sounds amazing for solo's and acoustic riffs.

The three delay pedals I was considering were:
- EHX Deluxe Memory Man (analog)
- Boss DD-20 Digital delay
- Line 6 Dl-4 (digital)

Which type of delay sounds better, and which do you suggest for what Im looking for?

Thanks in advance!
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
Wiki.

I don't own a delay pedal, but I'm pretty sure analog delay is generally thought of as more natural sounding than digital
This one time I went to fuck my girlfriend, but I forgot it was April Fool's day. Well, I stuck my penis in, and it turns out she had put hot sauce in her pussy. The rest of the night was pretty bad.

0.999... = 1
you shouldn't rely on a delay pedal to "improve" your tone. A good, transparent delay pedal won't change your tone. It will just repeat your crappy/good tone.

IMO delay is the only effect that is better as digital than analog, especially if delay is a major part of your style. If you just need it to accent certain parts like you're mentioning, than a basic analog or digital delay would suit you fine. If you want your repeats to lay back in the mix a bit, then an analog delay with it's high-end roll-off might sound good. Digital delay's will also fade out when clicked off instead of just stopping suddenly. That being said, it sounds like you don't need a delay with a bunch of features, just a simple analog delay stomp box like an ibanez AD-9, or an old boss DM-2 or 3 off ebay. The memory men are good too but are more expensive.
Yeah I didnt even think of looking at simpler delay pedals, what about the DD-6 or DD-3? What kind of effect should I be looking for to help make my tone more smooth?
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
I don't own those pedals, but I do own a Boss DD3 digital delay and a Ibanez AD9 analog delay. They both have a pretty clear sound, but the analog is more subtle and vibrant. More vintage sounding if you will. I think the analog can use batteries more efficiently because the analog circuitry doesn't drain as much power as a digital circuit. I mean they both have their pros and cons, but if you're just going for sound, go for the analog.
Sweet thanks!!
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded