well, i bought myself another set of emgs, i was getting ready to put them in, got all the old electronics out...and BAM...odd input jack...the emg input jack doesnt fit...anyone know what i could do? i need this guitar done by friday :/
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
i was pondering...would it be possible to use the input jack that was in there instead of the one the emgs come with? maybe solder the wire onto the original input jack from the emg one?

anyone?
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
I'm almost 100% sure that EMG pickups use a stereo jack. You could always wire it with a toggle to turn the pickup on...
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Yeah...
You can try a smaller brand stereo jack.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
If it's active EMGs you'll need the stereo jack but you can find those at radio shack pretty easily. If they're passive you can use a mono.
My Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Peavey Triple XXX
^ I get whats going on, but why dos the active pups need the stereo? I have never got the whole stereo input/output with guitars because the 2 two pickups are so close that the tone wouldnt be thaaaat much different, right??
Quote by Unforgivable
LesPaulMarshalls ace!
Quote by Dudage
LesPaulMarshall, you friggin rock!
Quote by adrian_brown89
It's pretty hard to find someone as hardcore as Tom. The race for hardcore supremacy would be pretty close but i think Tom's got his nose just in front for now...
Remember how you used a stereo switch on your pedal to turn it on? Same dealio here
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by the_random_hero
Remember how you used a stereo switch on your pedal to turn it on? Same dealio here

Right, the stereo jack pretty much acts as a switch when you insert a mono cable into it. It connects the grounds so that the battery is only connected when there's a cable in there.
My Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Peavey Triple XXX