this has never happened to me before, but i know it happens. whenever i bend on the g string [lol] it goes down a little bit. after like 2 minutes of practicing bending for this song im writing it went down half a step?? O.o why did this only start happening now? are my strings too old?
are your tuners locking? I go out of tune sometimes when I bend not that bad though. you can tighten the screw on the tunerhead and it won't be as bad thats what I did.
Gear:
Hagstrom Viking cherry
Crate B15 bass amp
Squier SQ MB-5 5-String Bass
Epi Valve Junior head
Russian Muff
FAB Chorus

I HAVE THE RED PUBIS
Yea, the first time I changed the strings, I noticed it stayed in tune alot longer. I had the guitar for 5 years too. Now I change the strings about once every 2 months.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
ah k, yeah ive had these strings for about 2 months, but ive only had the guitar for like a year
If its only been 2 months I doubt it is because of the strings.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
i dont understand how you people keep your strings on for so long i have mine on for a month max
2 months and they would just be terrible on my guitar
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
yeah its probly not the strings so just just tighten those screws or get some locking tuners which would hold tune better
Gear:
Hagstrom Viking cherry
Crate B15 bass amp
Squier SQ MB-5 5-String Bass
Epi Valve Junior head
Russian Muff
FAB Chorus

I HAVE THE RED PUBIS
k thanks, im gonna tighten the screws, if that doesnt work, ill put new strings on, if that doesnt work ill get locking tuners xD
"i dont understand how you people keep your strings on for so long i have mine on for a month max
2 months and they would just be terrible on my guitar
"

you should wash youre bhands before playing
I don't collect vinyl, I must not be hardcore.
Yes you should get locking tuners , my LTD H-1000 rarely goes outta tune (unless my asshole friends are over).

pepsi
I agree with everything else so far, but something hasn't been mentioned. If you don't stretch your strings regularly, or play constantly, the strings bunch up around the tuning peg and only release while you're playing. I'm not sure if this is your problem, but it was just a thought. Try stretching them before you go to play.
is it normal that the machine heads are out of aline? its been like this for several months
Same things happening to me, the locking tuners aren't locking.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R