8 20%
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
3 8%
Jersey Girl
0 0%
Clerks II
8 20%
Voters: 40.
Well, I've kind of had this obsession with Kevin Smith recently. He's really made me want to be more creative, and more open to writing.

But anyway, which of his movies thus far is your favorite?

I have a hard time choosing. I love Clerks, and Clerks II, but it's really hard to choose.
I'll say Clerks, though, because it's the kind of movie I would like to make. Even before I saw it I wanted to make a movie like that, and it was really a revelation for me.

Also, give reason. It's always nice.

EDIT:

Also, open to discussion on the movies as well.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Last edited by fallenangel20 at Jan 29, 2007,
Clerks II. It's just hilarious, as much as I liked Dogma and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, I thought Clerks II was a lot funnier. I've only watched like half of Clerks, though.
clerks originla ftw.
My Facebook

MAIN Gear:

Jackson Pro Rhoads

AMP:

Head: Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier BLACK FACE

Cab: Mesa Boogie 4x12 Road King Slant
I don't think he'll ever top Clerks. There wasn't a bad part to that movie.
Does it make me a loser that I picked mallrats?

Edit: Yes, yes it does.
Quote by Zeppfreak170
I onece dumped a girl that I was seeing who already had a boyfriend... So anyway she put on like a stone and i dumped her telling her it was because i felt really guilty etc etc.

But really it's cos she got fat!

No fat chicks !
well besides Jersey Girl I've seen all of his movies and have become obsessed recently but to be honest I though Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back wasn't as good Clerks 1&2, Dogma, Chasing Amy, or even Mallrats like Strikes Back was still funny I just thought a it was less funnier than the other movies with that being said Clerks 1&2 and Dogma were his best movies
Quote by grantml02
Does it make me a loser that I picked mallrats?

Nah, it makes me a bad person because I've never saw it.

I haven't seen Chasing Amy, all of Jay and Silent Bob, or Jersey Girl (which I plan to not see).

I really need to see them, I just need cash.

Clerks II is my #2, because it is just so funny, followed by Dogma.

Saxo-Walrus

I love the whole Anne Frank scene in Clerks II.

Randal: He just started going off on me like Anne Frank or something.
Dante:...Anne Frank?
Randal: You know, Anne Frank, the girl that was all BRAHGHAGHGH *slaps on Dante*. Until the Miracle Worker showed up and slapped some sense into her.
Dante: *chuckle* You're thinking about Helen Keller.
Randal: No I'm not, I'm thinking about Anne Frank, she was deadf, dumb and blind.
Dante: No, Helen Keller was deaf, dumb, and blind.
Randal: Are you sure?
Dante: Yep.
Randal:....Then who the fuck's Anne Frank?

I could go on and on.

Saxo-Walrus

definately clerks 1.....
its my favorite movie of all time
mostly because its so simplistic.....a movie doesnt have to have blinding special effects to make good
of course.....it's not like kevin smith has ever made a movie i DIDNT like.....
AGDG
<3
11/14/06 - forever

"I had a parrot that talked once....but it didn't say 'I'm hungry'.....so it died...."
--Mitch Hedberg
"There's a four way intersection with a $100 bill in the middle. On each intersection there's Santa, the easter bunny, a man loving lesbian, and a woman loving dyke. The dyke gets to the $100 first. You know why? The other three are just ****ing figments of your imagination."

Chasing Amy was amazing XD

I liked all of them, but I have to say my favorite is Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back.
Allthough I love all of them, and own them all on DVD (including the lesser loved Jersey Girl) and I've still gotta stick with Clerks. The dialogue in that film is so good, the scene where they talk about contracters on the death star is pure genius. Clerks II is probably a good second, with Dogma, Strike Back, Mallrats Chasing Amy and Jersey Girl in that order. I still happen to quite like Jersey Girl, it's just not as good as the others!
Clerks because it is so freakin hilarious.
Quote by Dæmönika
I'm afraid of you...MDoggDX316phobia

Quote by Imperial
Yes, Master MDoggDX316

Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: The Hype Man of the UG Hip
Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
Smith's best filmmaking achievement was Chasing Amy in my opinion. Coming off of Clerks and Mallrats, the camera stock he used and just the overall feel of the movie was that of a guy trying to make a great film. And that he did. The humor is sharper and wittier, the story itself is great, and I just think it was his turning point.

As far as pure comedy goes, I've yet to find a Smith film funnier than the original Clerks.
Poor advice.
I've yet to see Chasing Amy still....

I know Amy is pretty hot, though... in a weird way IMO...

I need to watch the Clerks movies agin... it's been a few weeks since I've watched them.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by fallenangel20
I've yet to see Chasing Amy still....

I know Amy is pretty hot, though... in a weird way IMO...

I need to watch the Clerks movies agin... it's been a few weeks since I've watched them.

In the movie her name isn't Amy. You'll find out when you watch it......
Poor advice.
Clerks II beat Mallrats by a hair. Mallrats lost it on account of Jeremy London.

Sometimes I'm more in the mood for Clerks I though.
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"
Quote by stellar_legs
In the movie her name isn't Amy. You'll find out when you watch it......

Ah. I see. I've only saw the commercial on the Clerks X DVD, so that's what I'm going by.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by fallenangel20
Ah. I see. I've only saw the commercial on the Clerks X DVD, so that's what I'm going by.

It's a really amazing movie, and I hope you see it soon. It may be Smith's least juvenile movie as far as humor and content goes.
Poor advice.