alright guys, i am planning on getting new pickups for my stratocaster, its an early '90s MIM. anyway, i am fairly set on the fender hot noiseless pick ups, but i was wondering if there is any other pickups that you guys recommend in the $150 dollar range. i am really looking for vintage tone, but most of all, real nice clarity on cleans, but real punchy and not too twangy. also, i like to have a really hot, screaming bridge pick up. so if anyone has any suggestions, ill be happy to look into anything.
thnx in advance
[B]Member of the Orange Revolution Club. Buy an Orange to join.
Member #16 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.
The Fender Noiselesses aren't much IMO. They don't have the same warm spank of a real single coil.
Personally I'd go for non-noiseless pickups, but if you really want noiseless, I'd go with Laces. The Reds are especially hot IIRC.

Oh and check my sig.
Shameless plug.

I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
You ever think about the Custom Shop pickups? They have 50's, 69's and Texas Specials. You can get them for about $129 if you look around on eBay and stuff.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
^+1 on the red if u want silent SO nice on the bridge!!

i find the Vintage noiselesses quieter than the laces though.. maybe cos its jst not as hot

edit: i rkn the texas specails are overrated.. its all in the name
my humble gears:

Ibanez Prestige RG1570 with EVOS!!!
Epiphone Std LesPaul with PAFs

EVJ -> 1960av
EHX Metal Muff, Big Muff, Small Clone
Ibanez WD7, VOX V847, OD-3, BLT slap echo

FIRST Member #11 of the EHX Users Guild
ya, i dunno, ive seen lace sensors but i dunno much about them. my old guitar teacher had noiseless, and my cousins tele has scn noiseless and both sounded superb. real quiet, lots of punch and real crisp cleans. could you maybe describe the lace sensors. cuz i really want a punchy ryhthm pickup but a really strong, searing sound for the bridge. i can only describe it like about close to the clapton-duane allman type sound, at least in their solos. what do you guys think?
Funnily enough, in my ad in the gear ads forum I posted almost just that.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7851705&postcount=8

Anyways yeah, I think the Lace Hot Golds would do you good if you're going for that vintagey sound. The Lace Reds are more modern sounding.
yeha i dunno abt the others but the reds have a lot of highs.. which annoys me sometimes i guess
p.s. pink queen check ur sale ad
my humble gears:

Ibanez Prestige RG1570 with EVOS!!!
Epiphone Std LesPaul with PAFs

EVJ -> 1960av
EHX Metal Muff, Big Muff, Small Clone
Ibanez WD7, VOX V847, OD-3, BLT slap echo

FIRST Member #11 of the EHX Users Guild
pink queen, i dunno if these are the same pu's as you but i would be interested in getting the lace then. they sound pretty good.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Lace-?sku=305416

i dont think they are, but i checked the hot golds and i saw that the bridge has a lower output then the lace reds. i really want a hot, searing, pick up that is punchy and fairly crunchy even at lighter gain/distortion/od whatever you want to call it.

i use mostly SS amps as of right now, but i have a preamp pedal that uses tubes and i like it alot, it works real well, but with my cureent MIM strat, i cant get real good crunchy, hot lead sound. i crank the gain up and put the vol at about halfway and it is a bit twangy and not much crunch. do you think the lace's will help?
Lace hot golds...the only single coils I like. Quiet and TONEFUL! great vintage vibe from that set.
The bridge pickup in the Hot Golds is actually about as high as the the bridge in that set. Golds are more vintagey too.