nobody wanted to help me in the gear customizing forum, so i decided to just ask here:

i just bought some emgs, and the input jack doesnt fit where the original was in the guitar...would i be able to take the wires off of the emg input and solder them on to the input that was originally in the guitar? or are the input jacks for emg's made some special way?
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
I'm pretty sure you can do that.. last time I checked Inputs don't have any kind of impedience or ratings like Volume and Tone pots have... give it a try, at least, if it doesn't work, you can resolder it back..
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
I had the same problem, and i used the old input. It worked fine. Just be sure to match up the wires correctly.
Not my band, but something you should definitely listen to:
Toast Machine
I don't think so the one they gave you is a stereo input the one iin your guitr is probly a mono
Gear:
Hagstrom Viking cherry
Crate B15 bass amp
Squier SQ MB-5 5-String Bass
Epi Valve Junior head
Russian Muff
FAB Chorus

I HAVE THE RED PUBIS
Quote by dustinrhocks4
I don't think so the one they gave you is a stereo input the one iin your guitr is probly a mono

Maybe,
but If it was stereo You'd need to use different cables, ones that have two little rings on it...
and on all the EMG equipped guitars I've played, none have needed special stereo cables
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join