I Just Bought An ESP B-55 Bass from Musicians Friend and it just came out and I was wondering whether or not its any good.
Schecter Hellraiser C7 w/ BKPs
Hughes and Kettner Switchblade
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez TS9
Boss Tuner
Morley Tremonti Wah

"From My Rotting Body, Flowers Shall Grow, And I Am In Them, And That Is Eternity"
dude. whyd you buy it if you dont know bout it.
“Broken hearts never mend”.
But fools never move on.
Yeah, wow. How about you tell us?

On topic, I'm not a huge fan of ESP basses (the LTD line anyway). Too much emphasis on looks and appointments, not enough on construction and sound. On most of their models anyway, there are a couple I like somewhat.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
IMO any LTD below the 400 series, guitar or bass, while fine for a beginner, is not what you would use if you were more serious about it. Personally, I wouldn't use the 55 series, but the company makes quality instruments in various price points.
haha
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
IMO any LTD below the 400 series, guitar or bass, while fine for a beginner, is not what you would use if you were more serious about it. Personally, I wouldn't use the 55 series, but the company makes quality instruments in various price points.

Exactly. The higher end ESPs are actually pretty nice basses.

Why did you buy the bass if you didn't know anything about it?
yeah, i'm lookin at the ESP F405. Steve posted pictures of it from NAMM and it looks absolutely gorgeous, and i've got a bass with those pups and love it to death.
Quote by Don't Read This
letthebassplay you are now a legend

Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Awesome is a feeling. It's in your pants.

RIP Bellamy...

Calvin and Hobbes Group!
ESP is amazing, and the B55 is a good beginner 5-string.

Ignore the people who say "ESPs below <variable of choice> suck."

I have an F-104, it's amazing. Far superior to most 400-500 dollar basses I've tried.
The only problem I have with ESP is just the material they build their basses out of. Alot of their basses are built from agathis, and though this may only apply to electric guitar, that's a shitty material to build a guitar out of.

Quality>Looks
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )