So im looking to buy my own bass, at the moment im playing my flat-mates, which is just a squier of some description, el cheapo. Im a Guitarist, so im used to having more than 4 strings to mess with you know? And i figure that buying a pretty cheap 5 string would be the way to go, that im not really limited in what i can play. Any recommendations for some good ones?

Iv been looking at the Washburn T25, around $650 AUD (About $500 USD) and thats about all i want to spend, its not much, but as i said, Guitarist. Id be looking to play just about anything, mostly id be messing around with funk, classic rock, jazz, new stuff etc, bit of everything.

any help would be appreciated.
Quote by heartbreaker101
Yeah emo is more depressing because you know that you'll never get that wasted time back
Ibanez, or Rogue (Rogues are cheap basses for their quality, like 150 i think)
heard good thigns about the schecter, and you can't go wrong with a J-bass
Quote by Mr.Moss
So im looking to buy my own bass, at the moment im playing my flat-mates, which is just a squier of some description, el cheapo. Im a Guitarist, so im used to having more than 4 strings to mess with you know? And i figure that buying a pretty cheap 5 string would be the way to go, that im not really limited in what i can play. Any recommendations for some good ones?

Iv been looking at the Washburn T25, around $650 AUD (About $500 USD) and thats about all i want to spend, its not much, but as i said, Guitarist. Id be looking to play just about anything, mostly id be messing around with funk, classic rock, jazz, new stuff etc, bit of everything.

any help would be appreciated.

that T25 will be a great bass for you. plus, it will be a great keeper, nothing cheap.

i would have got one, but i got a XB925 instead.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
I picked up one of these for a little under $300US, including a case. I'm rather fond of it.

One of my friends plays one of these, but I'm not really sure what he paid for it. It was under $500US, though, I'm sure.

Hope I've helped somewhat.

I'm really liking the T25
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
To original poster: For $650, a Schecter Stiletto Deluxe is the definitely the best you can get. It's even a neck through bass for about 600.
Well, if you don't have a bass, start small. I recently ordered the ESP LTD B-55 five-string from the Guitar Center website for $150.00, and while it hasn't come in yet, if you really want five, that's not bad.
Quote by Angels Fighter
we once had night of just slapping each others ass. Is that incest?

call me evan.

bass militia's pretentious dick. pm dinkydaisy.

the trap i set for you seems to've caught my leg instead.

<meh> I'm pro black penis in my bum
Quote by Counterpoise
To original poster: For $650, a Schecter Stiletto Deluxe is the definitely the best you can get. It's even a neck through bass for about 600.

remember, he is in australia, so prices are higher there than in the states.

if the price change is the same for the t-25 as the schecter, it will be about 800 AUD.

the t25 is also a neck thru, for about 250 cheaper
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by Piro Gonzalez
Well, if you don't have a bass, start small. I recently ordered the ESP LTD B-55 five-string from the Guitar Center website for $150.00, and while it hasn't come in yet, if you really want five, that's not bad.

Actually, it is pretty low-quality compared to the other ESPs.