Hey guys. About a year ago I found an old Epiphone Crestwood in a pawn shop for 75 bucks. Well, I bought it, and I'm only now getting around to starting up on this.

It's a dual humbucker guitar, black with white Epiphone pickguard, fretboard/headstock binding, bolt on neck, etc. I took some pictures, I'll have them tomorrow when my grandma gives me back the camera. =/

I'm not sure what I plan on doing with it yet, besides repainting it, and even then I don't know what color(s) to do it. I'm open to any ideas about what to do with this.

It looks a little something like this, except obviously not as nice:

Obligatory Gear List:
Dean Vendetta 2.0
Peavey Valveking 112
Ibanez PF5-BK Acoustic
surf green is always awesome for vintage guitars.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Thanks for the ideas.

I'll be sanding it down to wood tomorrow, so then I'll know what kind of wood it is.
Obligatory Gear List:
Dean Vendetta 2.0
Peavey Valveking 112
Ibanez PF5-BK Acoustic
Maybe a dark red with black pick gaurd? Like Brian Mays? Just an idea I like the one in the pic.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
First look around for prices they sell at, they may be worth a bit. If it isn't then do wahtever. Electronic changes, paint jobs, new hardware, the works
Oh, they're not worth much. Highest I've ever seen one go for is 400.

Besides, I'd want to keep it anyway. This is my first project.
Obligatory Gear List:
Dean Vendetta 2.0
Peavey Valveking 112
Ibanez PF5-BK Acoustic
^Yeah if its actually worth something I wouldn't do anything but otherwise, go hard. I recon that would be so nice in all white, with maybe a black P/G?
Quote by Unforgivable
LesPaulMarshalls ace!
Quote by Dudage
LesPaulMarshall, you friggin rock!
Quote by adrian_brown89
It's pretty hard to find someone as hardcore as Tom. The race for hardcore supremacy would be pretty close but i think Tom's got his nose just in front for now...
On the pickguard topic, how much would it run me to get a pickguard like that remade? The one I have ( white ) is cracked.
Obligatory Gear List:
Dean Vendetta 2.0
Peavey Valveking 112
Ibanez PF5-BK Acoustic
Quote by Hovertruck
On the pickguard topic, how much would it run me to get a pickguard like that remade? The one I have ( white ) is cracked.

i would guess somewhere between $15 - $100. In the guitar player magazine in the mod squad column they repaired a broken pick guard. Maybe you can do that. Found it
http://www.guitarplayer.com/story.asp?sectioncode=2&storycode=11812
Ibanez RGT42DXFX with emg 81/85
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass
That's what I'm doing. It needs entirely new wiring, the paint is chipped all over the body ( and I don't mean in the good, vintage looking way ), the tuners are all loose.

As for the trem, I don't have a bar for it. I'm afraid to imagine how hard it'll be to find one that fits.
Obligatory Gear List:
Dean Vendetta 2.0
Peavey Valveking 112
Ibanez PF5-BK Acoustic
Arctic white with gold hardware FTW
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Well, I got the front of the body sanded today. I might just go buy my own camera tomorrow so I can post pics. =/
Obligatory Gear List:
Dean Vendetta 2.0
Peavey Valveking 112
Ibanez PF5-BK Acoustic
^^ It would be handy to have one anyway

+1 for the gold hardware and white
Quote by Unforgivable
LesPaulMarshalls ace!
Quote by Dudage
LesPaulMarshall, you friggin rock!
Quote by adrian_brown89
It's pretty hard to find someone as hardcore as Tom. The race for hardcore supremacy would be pretty close but i think Tom's got his nose just in front for now...
Quote by lespaulmarshall
^^ It would be handy to have one anyway

+1 for the gold hardware and white

You're always buttkissing Tom =p
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
how bout red with the white pickguard?

or clear if there's good grain?

or sunburts (if you know how)?

white with gold hardware...(orgasm)
KsE

You know they rock.
Body:

Headstock:

All those marks on the body don't come out. =(

I've been playing around with the idea of staining the body. Depends on how the grain turns out.

As for buying the camera, I'm unsure. The cheapest one at Best Buy is 79.99. Do I buy it, or save the money for the guitar?

Granted, my job gives me ~$150 a week, but I have insurance and stuff to pay.
Obligatory Gear List:
Dean Vendetta 2.0
Peavey Valveking 112
Ibanez PF5-BK Acoustic
Wow, that body is beautiful, I'd buy that guitar from you in an instant!

I think you should go with White + Gold Hardware or Surf Green + Chrome Hardware.

Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
How much would you sell it for i love that thing i wish i could have one............if it was in good nic
Dude why the hell did you sand it? I think that thing looks great like it is/was!
My Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom - Alpine White
Vox AD30VT
Epiphone SG Special - Black
Planet Waves Cables
Levy's Strap
Dunlop .70 Picks