i just got a bob dylan CD today, and i've never heard him before in my life. even though he sucks at singing, i like his voice; it makes me feel not as bad about my voice. i also just heard jimi hendrix for the first time a couple months ago, i heard dream theater for the first time last week, and i've never heard steve vai. there's probably other people i haven't heard that i should have a long time ago. anyone else?
Quote by Metal claw
People here always mention Muse, but I never bothered to check them out.

yeah, forgot about that. i haven't heard them or radiohead.
Ive never really listened to Dream Theatre even though everybody says tey are teh pwnage....
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty
It's not rape if you yell surprise.

Quote by ZanasCross
Girls his dad's age rarely still have nice asses. Gravity attacks.
Bob Dylan does not suck at singing, anyway I just recently started listening to Explosions In The Sky, their pretty good
Quote by Metal claw
People here always mention Muse, but I never bothered to check them out.

Ditto
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
I just started listening to Muse and Rage Against the Machine a couple days ago.
The Magnetic Fields, Tortoise, New Order, Sunset Rubdown, King Crimson.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Quote by pumpkins_rule
The Magnetic Fields, Tortoise, New Order, Sunset Rubdown.

Sunset Rubdown is awesome. I like 'em better than Wolf Parade, actually.
Quote by evilchuck
Bob Dylan does not suck at singing, anyway I just recently started listening to Explosions In The Sky, their pretty good

Yes, EIS Fvcking amazing band. Listen to all their songs
Quote by Meths

Obviously I'm biased towards the correct point of view. What kind of retard isn't?

A friend of mine is telling me every week to go listen to a band. In all I think he named me like 100 different bands which most I'm too lazy to get a song.
i'd probably know a lot more bands, but i've never bought a CD in my life with my own money, and they only offer dial-up where i live. 24 kbps, it's not cool.
i keep hearing about tool, but never listened to 'em
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Still haven't heard Tortoise. I did listen to Tom Waits. Did not like that but to each his own. And why does everyone put RATM with Muse? I hate RATM! I heard EITS and I though it was boring (hides) I haven't heard Necrotaupsy (spelling?)
Quote by AngelOfSorrow
Ive never really listened to Dream Theatre even though everybody says tey are teh pwnage....

They are my friend.

I would have to say Paul Gilbert
I'm back, you douchebags.
Quote by frottage
i just got a bob dylan CD today, and i've never heard him before in my life. even though he sucks at singing, i like his voice; it makes me feel not as bad about my voice. i also just heard jimi hendrix for the first time a couple months ago, i heard dream theater for the first time last week, and i've never heard steve vai. there's probably other people i haven't heard that i should have a long time ago. anyone else?

Have you been living under a rock?
Andy McKee, Ben Taylor, Say Anything, Jason Henry (soundclick.com), Kevin Malliris (soundclick.com), Adam Johnston (soundclick.com), Sage Francis, Lazlo Bane, Owen,

those are some of my newer ones that no one has heard of (or know a little about) i have more but you all know who they are. and i recomend all, just hear a few out like Kevin Malliris' poor recording material,

anyway give them a try.... Search "Nothing I can do" by ben taylor at youtube. it's really good, musically especially. none of those are really metal, 6 of them are acoustic and one is rap and then say anytihng is emo/punk-ish, and lazlo bane is more pop (sings scrubs theme)
I've never heard ANYTHING by tool, yet they get mentioned every day on these forums. I don't really know anyone in real life who's heard of them either.
Quote by BottleOfSmoke
i keep hearing about tool, but never listened to 'em

Ditto'd
Ibanez RG350dx
Ibanez AF85 Artcore VLS
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
Eh, I checked out Muse, didn't like them. Radiohead, didn't like them. Dream Theater is like a metal version of Stomp, didn't like them. Steve Vai bores me to hell. Rage is the only band I seem to like that is always mentioned on these forums.