i need a good amp that will last me a long time...

i was looking to spend about $2000 canadian and i want a tube halfstack to cut out most of the mid-range in my sound that i currently get from my crate 120 watt solidstate combo. i want to get away from the crate sound as much as possible...

im looking for both a head and a cab for 2 grand

and i play everything from stutterfly, bullet for my valentine, and avenged sevenfold to like funk or radiohead and mars volta lol... so i need something that has a big range in sound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <mostly heavy thoiugh because i like my distortion

what should i get?!
yeah, wtf is a signature?

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' club
Last edited by brock.- at Jan 29, 2007,
well, it depends on what kinda music you play. i dunno how much $2000 is in american but if you like a nice clean sound and vintage tones, the vox ac30cch is real nice. its only 30watts, but all tube, so its perfect if your doing gigs, as long as theyr not in like huge arenas and stuff.. you get the idea. anyway, that one is like $850. you can get a custom 4x12 or 2x12 from avatar.com they make customish cabs. theyr pretty nice and you get to choose the speakers you want, if you like vintage sound, then i would go with the vintage 30s. anyway there is other stuff like, fender. the 59bassman is pretty nice, its a combo, but you can get an old head for about like $500 i think. lets see what else. old marshalls.... like a jcm800 head you could get used for under $1000 USD or around that price. and then get an avatar cab for like about $400(4x12)
[B]Member of the Orange Revolution Club. Buy an Orange to join.
Member #16 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.
i'd jst like to mention i had a ac30cc brand new for 2 days then the reverb tank scrwed up and made random noises.. had to take it bak and wiat for a new one.. it could be a one of thing but yea.. the amp hasnt been out long enuf to say it stands the test of time...

in my opinion fender amps are very long lasting

with 2k canadain u can get quite a lot of options in terms of head
my humble gears:

Ibanez Prestige RG1570 with EVOS!!!
Epiphone Std LesPaul with PAFs

EVJ -> 1960av
EHX Metal Muff, Big Muff, Small Clone
Ibanez WD7, VOX V847, OD-3, BLT slap echo

FIRST Member #11 of the EHX Users Guild
Quote by kwokwok
with 2k canadain u can get quite a lot of options in terms of head

I think I may need to quote this so it can be taken out of context
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
well ya i guess so, but i mean its supposed to be the head version of the ac30combo, anyway. ya if you like cleans fender does em REAL well also. as i said b4 the '59 bassman. there is also blues deluxe, the deville. theyr all pretty nice. i dunno how well they will do crunchy/distortion stuff though, b/c youd have to crank them to get some break up....
[B]Member of the Orange Revolution Club. Buy an Orange to join.
Member #16 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.
yeah im looking for both a head and a cab for 2 grand

and i play everything from stutterfly, bullet for my valentine, and avenged sevenfold to like funk or radiohead and mars volta lol... so i need something that has a big versitile sound

Hughes and Kettner Switchblade.

it only comes in 100 watt heads.. which is pretty much for stadium shows. so unless you REALLY, REALLY want a half stack, get the 50 watt combo.

extremely versatile.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
yeah man true but i dont really want a combo because
a)they dont look as cool
and b) because i hate the midrange that combos gove, i was rocking out on a marshall halfstack at the local music store and i loved it becase it was all high and low and not much in between