ok heres the deal i have a guitar research 60 watt halfstack now its says on the front solo tube series i dont know if it really has tubes or not but when i first bought it thiough its a cheap off brand amp anyone who owns one will tell you it has amzing distortion for the price (about $300) and it sounded great when i bought it but one day i accidently left it on all night, came back in the morning and noticed that the amazing gain sounded a little dull well the next month i did it again! and now it sounds really dull and its almost hard to get a harmonic out of it. could it be a bad tube or whatever from being left on but then again im not sure if it really is tube!?!? i just need to know if you might know whats wrong with it,is it cheap to fix if at all possible to fix, and if i took it in would it be hard to fix. the amp is 4 onths old from samash.
Quote by jmac72187
The vox can do it. It just can't do like BlackGrindDeathBloodMurderDevilKillYourUnbornChild Metal.
could be burnt out tubes, maybe change them
Gear:
Ibanez Destroyer
Roland Cube 60
Boss TU-80
Ovation acoustic
Original Crybaby

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried" Josh Homme

My Profile

^^Check out my profile for some improv solos^^
is that costly?
Quote by jmac72187
The vox can do it. It just can't do like BlackGrindDeathBloodMurderDevilKillYourUnbornChild Metal.
new tubes cost about $100 aus, but over in the states it would be way cheaper (even after taking into account conversion rates)
but you said that you dont know if it is a tube amp, so it might be a hybrid amp (tube preamp, solid state power amp)
i'd suggest you take it in to a guitar shop to find out what to do
Gear:
Ibanez Destroyer
Roland Cube 60
Boss TU-80
Ovation acoustic
Original Crybaby

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried" Josh Homme

My Profile

^^Check out my profile for some improv solos^^
ill try but i just wanted to see what people on here would say before i went all the way to samash like 45 minutes away to see what was wrong
Quote by jmac72187
conversation is still up for discussion even if it is a blown tube and its not real expensive to fix how long do you think it would take to fix and is there anyway i could check it?
Quote by jmac72187
Dear God, use sentences. My head hurts.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
sorry i just got home from school and before i left i had to write a long paper and im kind of sick of grammer right now .
Quote by jmac72187
is there anyway to check that a tube has been blown
Quote by jmac72187
Quote by JJK
Dear God, use sentences. My head hurts.

Ha ha +1. There are only like 3 sentences in that huge paragraph.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
...thanks for the help....jerk
Quote by jmac72187
look at the back of the amp. see if there are tubes.

if there are then look at the type and swap them out.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
if it's a tube amp it'll have some of these inside.

Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by talldude175
...thanks for the help....jerk

Well sorry, but can't you look up the amp on google to get more info to see if its tube? And if it is, shouldn't the back of the head be open and you could see the tubes?

EDIT: I looked it up on google and the reviews on Harmony Central say its a hybrid(has 12ax7 tube in the preamp, but mostly solid state) so maybe you gotta replace that.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Last edited by mw7 at Jan 30, 2007,
now thats what i wanna see =). ok yea thanx for the help guys ill check the head i dont really wanna take it apart or anything. ill probably take it to samash this weekend to see if there really is anything wrong or if i just going crazy. like i said before tonewise it sounds off and its kind of annoying so ill see if theres anything they can do
Quote by jmac72187