Page 1 of 2
This is exactly what I expected from them, I'm reading thier blogs on their website about the record, they said there are tons of instruments, trumpets clarinets and what not on their record. At first i was put off but then John Nolan kept saying how he is the proudst about this record than anything else he has done before, so well i trust john so i'm excited.
I got kicked off My University Server for a month for doing stuff i shouldn't be doing (my love for music out weighs my love for money). I won't be to active for a month.
Quote by Paris_In_Flames
When is the new cd supposed to come out?

Middle of June, on like a websitess record label punk.net i believes new record label i'm not sure, buuttt they have a better song on their website with a video to go along, its a homemade video
I got kicked off My University Server for a month for doing stuff i shouldn't be doing (my love for music out weighs my love for money). I won't be to active for a month.
New CD? Can't wait, I just started to get into them so that's good news. I love Sympathy for the Martyr and The Perfect Ending.
they are one of my favorite bands i've been into them ever sense the demos
Quote by Paris_In_Flames
Those demos are better than the album versions.

i agree exept i really enjoy the song A slow descent (check out the SN lol) better on the the prepare to be wrong ep thant he demo it has a cool guitar solo and a backwards piano.
Quote by fake_sk8r182
Seeing them on Sunday night in Barfly

Quote by kryptonite22
seeing them on monday night in barfly

They're playing the UK and I missed out?

Love Straylight Run, checking out the new stuff as I type.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

I love straylight run.
The tension and the terror is such a cool song.
As is the new one, but Michelle Nolan sings so fast in it, it took me ages to figure out the lyrics.
I love John Nolans song writing, TBS isn't the same without him ("whats another word for desperate" )
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Paris_In_Flames
When is the new cd supposed to come out?

It's on their myspace.

June 19th.
Quote by JoNnHannah
I'll be seeing them on warped tour whatever day I go to.

And TBS has been doing just fine without him.

no. they sound so much different. (to me anyways)
the new is gonna be awesome, im so pumped. too bad my connection's gay so i cant listen to the song.

its gonna be good though, i know itttt.

whats the name of the new song?
Quote by Lukeisonfire
well your cool you have a taste in music but anyone else....

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM blues_rocker or greendayguitar to join.
Member number 5 of THE OFFICIAL UG TRANSFORMERS CLUB
Jazz
p.m. D. Rice to get number/ranking
Quote by JoNnHannah
No shit they sound different. lol

no, TBS sounds different now from old (a.k.a. good) TBS
Quote by original=punk
no, TBS sounds different now from old (a.k.a. good) TBS

exactly, usually when a band has member changes they sound different.
they aren't the same band, like i treid to like where you want to be, but i just said f this when louder now came out
Does anyone think it'll ever be possible to have a Straylight Run thread without the TBS with/without John and Shaun debate?

Quote by ETHANEVIL

i really feel for john because he can't go through one interview with out htem mentioning TBS...news flash he honestly doesn't care
Quote by slowdescent2020
i really feel for john because he can't go through one interview with out htem mentioning TBS...news flash he honestly doesn't care

yeh, i cant decide wether i would want him back in TBS or keep him in straylight run, lol. that must suck for him.
Quote by original=punk
yeh, i cant decide wether i would want him back in TBS or keep him in straylight run, lol. that must suck for him.

he will never never never never never get back with tbs...there are too many fred fans out there lol and TBS sounds like the new U2 now, john is more of an indie mellow i write songs because i want to write good songs not the i write catchy songs to get laid type
Quote by original=punk
no, because john and shaun own whatever fucks they have now.

LOL, true, Fred's better at guitar, but I prefer John's voice. As I've probably mentioned about 50 billion times on this forum.

It's cool that we have two different bands, but yeah...Straylight. I'm surprised no-one has mentioned the hotness of Michelle yet. I like her voice too. Yeah.

Quote by ETHANEVIL

Quote by the_astronaut
LOL, true, Fred's better at guitar, but I prefer John's voice. As I've probably mentioned about 50 billion times on this forum.

It's cool that we have two different bands, but yeah...Straylight. I'm surprised no-one has mentioned the hotness of Michelle yet. I like her voice too. Yeah.

she is hot, but at allt he shows i've been at john gets like uber mad when some yells out michelle your hot...so me knowing this the last time a isaw them i yelled out michlle marry me and john like got this huge smile on his face and said THANK YOU for being so nice and not yelling some vulgar stupid drunk saying like your hot....it was the greatest night of my life...

she also got married in Jan 07....i was put on suicide watch because of it...
Quote by slowdescent2020
she is hot, but at allt he shows i've been at john gets like uber mad when some yells out michelle your hot...so me knowing this the last time a isaw them i yelled out michlle marry me and john like got this huge smile on his face and said THANK YOU for being so nice and not yelling some vulgar stupid drunk saying like your hot....it was the greatest night of my life...

that's awesome.

Quote by ETHANEVIL

what's michelle like at most shows?
when I saw her on SR's previous UK, it looked like she was bored or lost or something.

oh and to anyone who's seen them on the current UK tour, what was the setlist like?
didnt a fan tried to kiss michelle on one show?
Quote by Lukeisonfire
well your cool you have a taste in music but anyone else....

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM blues_rocker or greendayguitar to join.
Member number 5 of THE OFFICIAL UG TRANSFORMERS CLUB
Jazz
p.m. D. Rice to get number/ranking
Quote by the_astronaut

HE IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE VOCALISTS.

and she is beautiful.

edit:

Quote by slowdescent2020

i want to marry John.....

then we can be john&john! =D
i dated a girl who wanted to marry john and i wanted to marry michelle, so that was like our one person that if like we could do anything with we would be like ok i'll have michelle and she can have john....

at the like 5 shows i've seen them michelle i guess you can say she looks lost but i think its just she "plays it cool" john gets into and emotional but she kinda just sings the songs and bam, thats the appeal for her to me.... and i think she cultivates her image like that into this myesterious person i don't know. Just my mumbllings one one person that i think tries to be like this artsie girl next door you'll never know me really, i don't care this mis music kinda of thing....she has the cutest smiel though lol...

the first time i saw them live was in dallas after they had just realized the demos, i bought a ring from like this quarter machine thing, and got down on one knee and proposed to her, she giggled, called me sweet, patted me on the head and left.

then like after i had seen them twice before, i sawt hem at the Washington DC airport, and she remembered me. I talked to john for 30, and he did most of the tlaking, they were waiting on a plane to take them to a UK tour, this was like two years ago, this monthish. I never brought up TBS. I did bring up the song slow descent.....which is about his time in TBS, and i wanted to know hwy it wasn't on the debut and he said beucase he was tired of people relating him to TBS,and didn't want to many songs on the new record to make it like a o this is a revenge record....he then said he loved the song though, and that tehy where going to realise it on an EP, which thye did. He was one of the nicest guys i've met.

EDIT: in this scene or show business, max bemis is the nicest, he talked to me for over and hour, on his tour bus, over the summer when he was on tour with dashboard confessional.
Quote by original=punk
lucky.....i wanna meet john, thatd effing rock

i'd pull a waynes world (i'm not worthy!)

yeah i try not to do that any more...i ****ing FREAAKKKEDD out when i randomly bumped into ace enders....omg i was an idiot,...i started scremaing likea littel girl and saying HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT ITS HIM...it was emberassing now that i look back on it, but he like noticed me first so its not that bad...i was wearing a TEN shirt
Quote by slowdescent2020
EDIT: in this scene or show business, max bemis is the nicest, he talked to me for over and hour, on his tour bus, over the summer when he was on tour with dashboard confessional.

How did you get on Say Anything's tour bus??
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
Page 1 of 2