hey i have a problem with recording

when i try to record, the recordings i make are extremely quiet. i plug my guitar straight into my computer though a jack thing. i have one theory, the jack is called a headphone jack, but i dont think it would turn volume down or anything like that. this has happened on audacity and acid pro 6. i was just wondering if any of you knew what to do.
Quote by Bmm386
"I cut my own penis off and ate it"

pinkowitz.net - another /b/ forum (help it grow)
go to your volume thing in your task bar and go to options > properties, then click recording and ok and then move your line in volume up and check your levels on your program until they are a little below peaking, that should do it.

oh yeah and don't use your headphone jack, use your line in jack, it is usually a blue jack on the back of your pc

oh yeah again, don;t use audacity use your copy of sony acid
Old king cole was a merry old soul, a merry old soul was he.
He called for his pipe, and he called for his bowl( ****ing stoner)
and he called information for numbers he could have easily looked up in the phone book.
Yeah just turn your line volume up
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Quote by Dumpweedrock
go to your volume thing in your task bar and go to options > properties, then click recording and ok and then move your line in volume up and check your levels on your program until they are a little below peaking, that should do it.

oh yeah and don't use your headphone jack, use your line in jack, it is usually a blue jack on the back of your pc

no i meant the jack adapter that connects to the guitar cable is made for headphones
my line in volumes are already maxxed out
Quote by Bmm386

You should have an 1/4 to 1/8 inch adapter. The small end plugs into your computer right?
Random Metal-X fact:

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

Quote by Metal-X
You should have an 1/4 to 1/8 inch adapter. The small end plugs into your computer right?

yeah dude i figured it out, it was the line in volume olololo
thanks a lot
Quote by Bmm386

a standard headphone jack and a line in jack are both 1/8th so if you are able to lug your guitar into you headphone jack then you apparently have a 1/4th to1/8th adapter meaning just plug it into the line in

edit: see told you it was line in volume haha good luck with your recording seesions, have fun
Old king cole was a merry old soul, a merry old soul was he.
He called for his pipe, and he called for his bowl( ****ing stoner)
and he called information for numbers he could have easily looked up in the phone book.
Quote by antoniobanderas
yeah dude i figured it out, it was the line in volume olololo
thanks a lot

Good to go then.
Random Metal-X fact:

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"