Alright I really need some help.

After restringing and retuning, and resetting my floyd i was giving it a test run. I dived with the floyd and i heard a pop.

I looked on the back of my guitar where the springs are, and one of the screws had popped out . I'm REALLY worried about this as I don't know of a way to fix it, so I turn to you guys. I tried to screwing it back in, but it wont hold its place since I'm guessing the hole is too big now..?

Please tell me this fixable, could I do it on my own, or do I need to take it to a tech or something.

I neeeed to fix this guitar, It's my favorite axe
Duck my Sick
Last edited by GoddamnElectric at Jan 30, 2007,
1. you are probably going to need to drill a new hole.

2. stop playing like herman li or pretty soon you will need a restraining order from your guitar too.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

Should I drill it myself?

Same spot, but make it bigger or a new one?

And I don't play like herman li man... I was just making sure that it was set-up correctly.
Duck my Sick
Well just to be safe i would take it down to a local shop and have them look at it. im guessing that they will drill it for free, or atleast where i work at we would.
Gear:

Peavey Classic 50

Quote by GoddamnElectric
Okay, thanks man. I really appreciate it.

no prob
Gear:

Peavey Classic 50

This dude told me that I could get these thin maple sticks from a guitar shop or home depot, cover them in carpenters glue and shove them into the hole. Let it sit for a few hours and then put the screw back in.

Would this work?
Duck my Sick
Last edited by GoddamnElectric at Jan 30, 2007,
Take a pic, what guitar do you have?

and DONT drill/glue anything... dont screw it up more
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by GoddamnElectric
My freind told me that I could get these thin maple sticks from a guitar shop or home depot, cover them in carpenters glue and shove them into the hole. Let it sit for a few hours and then put the screw back in.

Would this work?

that's the best thing you can do, i did that with the strap button holes and it works fine now
You could
- Tape around some PTFE tape, thick coat preferably
- Get a bigger screw
- wedge a toothpick/thin piece of cardboard enough to make the screw tighter
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
I tried the cardboard and its holding pretty nicely. Will it hold over a long run though?
Duck my Sick
most likely, what i would ahve done, is put wood filler in, and then put the screw in, but cardboard will work for now, if it happens again, just get wood filler.

nice guitar BTW

Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by tubadude
most likely, what i would ahve done, is put wood filler in, and then put the screw in, but cardboard will work for now, if it happens again, just get wood filler.

nice guitar BTW

you and your washburns.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!