I love playing death metal, but I can't stand having to tune to standard, i've been playing in drops for ages and I was just wondering if anyone could mention some death metal bands that play in drop tunning. I don't know if this is going to get closed but I couldn't find a recommendation thread or anything of that nature. Anyway anything you could recommend I would really appreciate.

Edit: It doesn't matter what specific drop tunning, i've got all that sorted .
Umm, most death metal bands do drop tune. And their is a reccomendation thread at the top of the page stickied.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Well if you're into Melodic death, The Black Dahlia Murder uses Drop C. For death metal I'd just tune like 2 steps down myself.
RIP RICHARD DUNN
you all have to learn the difference between DROP and DOWN tuning, seriously
think about it, its not that difficult to figure out
My sig is better than yours
Quote by manpanther

lmao!

that made my night.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by Snyper
you all have to learn the difference between DROP and DOWN tuning, seriously
think about it, its not that difficult to figure out

that really didnt add anything to this thread, he prefers to drop tune, whats down tune got to do with it?
I would Just like to add to this thread that The Black Dahlia Murder actually tunes to 2 steps down.. not Drop C..

You know... C F A# D# G C

Just if anyone didnt know what 2steps down was..
~~You are nothing. I am a God among men, creating the Universe before leaving you blinded and wandering.~~
Letters to Zaya
Quote by Ryioku
I would Just like to add to this thread that The Black Dahlia Murder actually tunes to 2 steps down.. not Drop C..

You know... C F A# D# G C

Just if anyone didnt know what 2steps down was..

I thought they played Drop C? Says so on Wikipedia and almost every tab I've played of their songs has been Drop C.
RIP RICHARD DUNN
Quote by Teabag of Truth
I thought they played Drop C? Says so on Wikipedia and almost every tab I've played of their songs has been Drop C.

See... now theres 3 possibilities to this...

1)I'm insane.

2)You're insane.

3)Wikipedia is god.

Haha... I dunno, every song I've played by them has been in 2 steps down... or I'm doing something wrong.

*shrug*

I'll find em and ask em myself...
~~You are nothing. I am a God among men, creating the Universe before leaving you blinded and wandering.~~
Letters to Zaya
It is drop C. But, this thread should be closed me thinks
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Quote by kurosawa
that really didnt add anything to this thread, he prefers to drop tune, whats down tune got to do with it?

my post added more than either of your posts
and what i down tuning has to do with it, is that lots of idiots are confused on which is drop tuning and which is down tuning

and thread is closed because you'll all a bunch of morons
My sig is better than yours