So can someone please give me some sites to where i can get some parts to build pedals. Im totally a noob at this just to let u know. Also is there an easy starting pedal i could build for say a max of about $50?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
lol... $50? lotsa pedal for me.

smallbearelec.com
Quote by tubab0y
Look at it this way- everyone rags on air guitar here because everyone can play guitar. If we were on a lawn mower forum, air guitar would be okay and they would ridicule air mowing.

Quote by km-r
lol... $50? lotsa pedal for me.

smallbearelec.com

Are u saying that they dont cost that much to do? Thanks for the site BTW
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
^^Thanks for the linke but honestly $75 for an unasembled fuzz? I thought building pedals would be cheaper than buying them...
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Quote by soul_power
^^Thanks for the linke but honestly $75 for an unasembled fuzz? I thought building pedals would be cheaper than buying them...

wow $75 i lol at that very hard. i made my first fuzz for FREE, using parts i found in my room. sure some of the resistor values were a bit out. but seriously, i wouldn't pay that.
I suppose it does come with a box and everything, but still.
Quote by Wilki
wow $75 i lol at that very hard. i made my first fuzz for FREE, using parts i found in my room. sure some of the resistor values were a bit out. but seriously, i wouldn't pay that.
I suppose it does come with a box and everything, but still.

Damn, i wish i knew more about circuits now.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Well, You could buy a fuzz...But honestly, a lot of them just plain suck. The Dunlop reissue of the Dallas Arbiter fuzz is just plain terrible, for one thing. And that's using Germanium transistors, too. Hard to find, and match gain levels. That's a lot of what you're paying for. It could be worse. Boutique pedals can cost like 150 easy, for a good fuzz pedal.
OLCircuits interests me more. I'm in love with the 18 watt pedal...I just might have to build one.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Well, You could buy a fuzz...But honestly, a lot of them just plain suck. The Dunlop reissue of the Dallas Arbiter fuzz is just plain terrible, for one thing. And that's using Germanium transistors, too. Hard to find, and match gain levels. That's a lot of what you're paying for. It could be worse. Boutique pedals can cost like 150 easy, for a good fuzz pedal.
OLCircuits interests me more. I'm in love with the 18 watt pedal...I just might have to build one.

Yeah, i guess they are advratised as boutique. Not to mention you know the quality control and can be confident that your pedals are made in the USA by you but still $75. If i knew all the parts i could probably go out and buy them for about $30, i mean i know pots, wires, switches, transistors and stuff dont cost all that much. Im not sure about the pref or core circuit boards but honestly they cant be that much. Throw in a case which i do admit would be hard to find. I suppose if you were in metal shop you could cast one but unfortunatly that class isnt offered up here.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
the cases i use i get from Jaycar (in Australia) for about AU$10. Die cast aluminium ones.