i saw this on a pencil case today at school and i thought it would be a good idea for the guitar paint job ive been wanting to do on my bullet strat. So i did some googling and this is more or less what i want to do. possibly with different colours.
so how do i paint this type of graphic onto the body? i also wanted to put another colour on the edge of the red is that possible?
Quote by Gigatiran
It's really not that hard... almost all women are sluts.

Quote by Twist of fate
do u rlly think a girl will come to school in the morning and interrupt ur conversation screaming "Hey i nailed my own poonaner last nite and came like a hurricane YEA BABII"
Last edited by davo_333 at Jan 30, 2007,
take the neck and all hardware off, sand off all the old paint, put some coats of white, tape out the design, then paint the red stripes
Gear:
Ibanez Destroyer
Roland Cube 60
Boss TU-80
Ovation acoustic
Original Crybaby

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried" Josh Homme

My Profile

^^Check out my profile for some improv solos^^
how do i tape the circle part? do i just pencil the pattern i want onto the guitar and then just put the tape on by hand? or is there a trick to get a perfect circle?
Quote by Gigatiran

Quote by Twist of fate
do u rlly think a girl will come to school in the morning and interrupt ur conversation screaming "Hey i nailed my own poonaner last nite and came like a hurricane YEA BABII"
put the tape over the part you dont want the red on though. so i'd say pencil in a circle, and the lines, then it shouldnt be too hard to make the red circle part look perfect.
make sure you use good quality tape and paint though
Gear:
Ibanez Destroyer
Roland Cube 60
Boss TU-80
Ovation acoustic
Original Crybaby

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried" Josh Homme

My Profile

^^Check out my profile for some improv solos^^
ok thanks. also is it possible to add like a blurry edge between the white and red? in an orange colour? or is that too hard because this will be my first paint job.
Quote by Gigatiran

Quote by Twist of fate
If you do the white coat first. Then tape off the whole guitar and you can draw on the tape the design. (Using a compass to get a perfect circle and ruler for straight lines) Then paint the red.

I dunno about the blurry orange though. You could try freehand if you're confident enough but it would be really hard. Or youcould tape off the approximate are you want blurry and try not to go too thick near the tape edges.

I think it would look crappy anyway. It would be an awesome paintjob with really nice crisp lines.
also squirers have a pickguard, im not sure what to do about that? should i just get a solid coloured guard to match the background or put the design on the guard?
i was actually thinknig about getting a clear pickguard, like how people have clear plexi-glass on their car sound-systems.
EDIT: i just realised that a pickguard covers about half of the paintjob.
Quote by Gigatiran

Quote by Twist of fate
Last edited by davo_333 at Jan 30, 2007,
yeah clear is my favourite choice. Ive never seen it on a guitar before.
Quote by Gigatiran

Quote by Twist of fate
clear pickguard would be cool, but dont the Squiers have an open cavity?? you need to pull up your pickguard and see what it looks like under neither. youre gonna see all the routed wood and wiring and such...which might actually be really cool. or you could just paint the pick guard to match, which would be cool too.
Damn it! I'm doing exactly the same thing to my guitar at the moment, red and white sunrise (without that writing). I love the design like mad. Good luck with that man!
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Quote by piecies_81
clear pickguard would be cool, but dont the Squiers have an open cavity?? you need to pull up your pickguard and see what it looks like under neither. youre gonna see all the routed wood and wiring and such...which might actually be really cool. or you could just paint the pick guard to match, which would be cool too.

yeah i figured it would look like car stereos that have plexiglass covers.

Quote by add45
Damn it! I'm doing exactly the same thing to my guitar at the moment, red and white sunrise (without that writing). I love the design like mad. Good luck with that man!

Do you have any pics?
yeah im probly going to use different colours, like a night version of "rising sun" with black background. im not saure what colour im going to do the sun part maybe a green or blue.
Quote by Gigatiran

Quote by Twist of fate
Last edited by davo_333 at Jan 31, 2007,