I just bought an Ibanez RG1570 today. It was a floor model but in good condition so i bought it. after looking closely there is a crack above and below where the neck is bolted on on the side of the guitar. The cracks are barely noticable but id rather not have something i payed infull for not be in perfect condition.
If it is still under warranty, i would at least have it looked at.

anything that effects the necks stability is bad news.
Gear:
Charvel/Jackson 3B Bass
Jackson CMG Bass
Ibanez BTB575FM 5-String Bass
Vintage 70s Ampeg V9 SVT/ Ampeg 8x10 Cab
Fender Deluxe Blackout Telecaster

Angelus Mortem
i wouldn't worry about it.. if it was a big crack then yeh i would worry then
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
Im probably just going to tell them to order me a new one and take that one back. thanks people
Bit of advice for everyone. Never buy the floor model. I have ordered things from various stores and when those things didn't come in on time they would let me borrow the floor model (to use for gigs). It is kinda like buying a rental car, the people that have played the floor models don't care about what they are doing to the instrument.
I'd at the very least ask for some money off it, but there's nothing wrong with it - RG's and JEMs are notorious for developing finish cracks at the neck pocket...they just don't normally come with them from the shop!
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by zeroconsequence
Bit of advice for everyone. Never buy the floor model.

That's a very good set of avice BUT, If you have fallen in love with the floor model and love the way that one feels (and you don't like the non-floor model as much if you've tried it) take the floor model.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
That's a very good set of avice BUT, If you have fallen in love with the floor model and love the way that one feels (and you don't like the non-floor model as much if you've tried it) take the floor model.

It's kind of a catch-22, the one in the box might not be anything like the one on the floor, but who knows what kind of abuse the display model has incurred. Regardless, I'd take anything back that had cracks in wood. Even if it's just in the finish, it might mean that the neck is not very stable, and is moving or twisting around in the pocket. I don't think I'd have ever brought it home, let alone keep it now.
Is your model an AANJ (all-access neck joint)? If so, they tend to have those cracks, comes from bolting the neck on and putting tension on it before the finish is fully cured. You will have a hard time finding a factory made AANJ guitar without those little cracks, they are no problem, really. It's not cracks in the wood, just little finish cracks, it's the only disadvantage of AANJ (besides the fact the hardly make custom necks for those pockets).

AANJ rule, so I would just take the cracks, if you trade it for a new one, it will probably have the same cracks.
Gear:
Gibson les paul Studio faded, modded Buckethead style (killswitch, 1 tone, 1 vol)
Taylor Big Baby 306-GB
Modded Cort KX-5, runaway (neck) and warthog (bridge)
Laney VC-15
Digitech Bad Monkey, EH Big Muff, crybaby JH-1
^that was a problem with the older non-AANJ. The older neck joint is more like a strat neck joint but thinner, and it was common to develop stress cracks in the finish. The newer AANJ should be a lot less susceptible to stress cracks.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by zeroconsequence
Bit of advice for everyone. Never buy the floor model. I have ordered things from various stores and when those things didn't come in on time they would let me borrow the floor model (to use for gigs). It is kinda like buying a rental car, the people that have played the floor models don't care about what they are doing to the instrument.

Strange, I've never had a problem buying floor models, other than the fact they usually need new strings as soon as i buy them. Then again, it's only on rare occasions that i actually pay full price, i'm often the one that buys them because of slight damage, but i wouldn't buy a guitar with a split in the wood or anything like that.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.