Here's a song I started yesterday. If you'll notice, I do not use the high e string once in the whole song. THis is because, I have no high e string on my real guitar It snapped the other day, so I wrote this entirely without an e string.

This song doesnt really have that opeth style outlook I was going for with my previous songs. I just played what sounded right. Hope you like it
Attachments:
Animus.zip
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

This was very good! I loved it! Way better than those opeth-like songs! The best part by far was the solo.
Excellent!

grtz
Thanks alot guys!

Love the intro, great lead work there. The riff starting on bar 17 really reminds me of old in flames for some reason, very melodic and flows nicely into the descending shapes at bar 33. Good breakdown, got me nodding my head along! The solo is great too, not too wanky which is nice, the only thing that sounded a little awkward to me was bar 134 but thats probably due to the occasionally awkward tabbing system of GP. Very nice acoustic outro too, rounds the song off very well IMO. Keep up the good work, i love this piece!

crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=514125
Really loving the intro, great start. Nice Bass

The riff from 17 - 24 is brilliant sounding

I feel the...breakdowny bit is repeated a bit too often

Bar 134 of the solo sounds really off to me, didn't really fit well in my eyes, otherwise a great solo

Nice outro as well, I don't think you need the final ending chord though

Very nice song

Crit me? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=514483
Thanks for the crits guys!

Yea I couldnt really get bar 134 to sound the way I wanted it in GP, but you can kinda get the thing I was going for with it.

woah dude ! that was incredible! I really loved your arpeggios in the beggining, and the riffs, the solo, well just everything. This piece IMO, could not be improved, it's pretty much perfect. And for bar 134, instead of making the 32nd notes 32nd notes, couldn't you just make them grace notes to solve the problem? Anyway, that was great, expertly written and deserves 10.1/10!

And just a little off topic, is this the song you're going to be using in the contest against whats-his-name, the symphony of thunder guy? cause if so i hope you win

simply outstanding

crit mine please? (it's a bit different to your's )https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=512517
Last edited by buckethead_jr at Jan 31, 2007,
Thanks alot guys!!

EDIT:

No, I enterred another song before I even wrote this song. We started voting already, so you can go vote if you want Link's in my sig

THanks for the crit!

Last edited by NovemberRain273 at Jan 31, 2007,