Just finished watching Requiem for a Dream.

That is the most depressing movie...ever.

Fuuuck.
Originally Posted by Corwinoid
Metal doesn't hold hands, it gets head in the van before the show. Seriously.

Ah, but did you like it?
It's a great film. Really well shot.
The OST is great too.
psykopoo:
moron, spelt paedofile wrong
It was great. The camera work was amazing...

Doesnt mean it's not depressing -_-

yeah it is one of the most depressing movies but it is still amazing, it's kinda like SLC PUNK in a way, they are in there worlds and they don't realize they are losing. I prefered requiem for a dream. It is such a great movie
There are better drug epics IMO.

Fear and Loathing and Trainspotting come to mind.
I love the music for it, really moving.
PM me for details on Scourge's forum!

Quote by jmag
gangster-dolly, du my new hero.
That movie was so bad, it was the kind that you walk out on. Am I alone on this?
This movie isn't about drugs, but I felt it was filmed in the same manner.

Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind.

Greatest love story ever.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Quote by spittle8
That movie was so bad, it was the kind that you walk out on. Am I alone on this?

Pretty much, yea.

I think it was an awesome movie. Left me feeling depressed also.

Did you see the uncut version? That was the one I saw.
GARGLING FOAMY SPIT
YOUR THROAT IS VIOLENTLY SLIT
THESE SYMPTOMS WON'T REMIT
YOU'RE FORCED TO CHOKE ON IT!
Quote by Xinlitik

That is the most depressing movie...ever.

You need to watch Threads if you want the most depressing film ever made:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0090163/

Documentary style account of a nuclear holocaust and it's affect on the working class city of Sheffield, England; and the eventual long run affects of nuclear war on civilization.

It is the mid-1980's, during the Cold War. Ruth Beckett & Jimmy Kemp, residents of the town of Sheffield, England, are planning for their upcoming marriage and birth of their first child. Sheffield is home to a major R.A.F. base and has a major industrial base of steel, energy & chemical production. But the Soviet Union marches troops into Iran, in a plan to convert it to a Soviet satellite state. The United States, Great Britain, and other members of NATO and the U.N. angrily condemn the Soviet aggression and military activity in England starts to mount, especially at the nearby R.A.F. base. The families of Ruth & Jimmy go about their daily business, paying little attention to what is going on in Iran. One spring day, without warning, the Soviet Union attacks England with ICBMs - two of which hit Sheffield, annihilating most of the city and its inhabitants. But what is even more horrifying is the aftermath that follows - a world without public order, clean food, water, electricity, or the ability to produce any of them. Ruth struggles for more than 10 years just to stay alive in this horrible, barren, radioactive homeland...
I've only seen a few scenes from this film, but I must admit that some of the directing was incredible. I'd like to actually sit down and watch it all the way through.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
I missed the start, but I thought it was a good film. I really liked the ending where it kept changing between everyone, showing what becomes of them, and they all turn over to face your left. Good stuff.
Quote by cick13
There are better drug epics IMO.

Fear and Loathing and Trainspotting come to mind.

Fear and Loathing is such a completely and utterly different type of drug film to Requiem, I can't even begin to understand your logic.
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, your eyes will get sore after a while."
requiem for a dream is one of the most messed up, yet thought provoking movie I've ever seen... the depravity the characters fall into is unreal..... the ending made me feel really vulnerable, no other movie has done that to me... plus, his puncture hole in his arm is just disgusting. As is the double ended dildo scene.
I own it. It's incredibly depressing. Thank you to whoever said it was about more than just drugs. Anyone who thinks it's just about drugs really missed the point.

Anyways, if you liked Requiem for a Dream, you might like Pi as well. It's the same director, Daron Aranofsky. Requiem for a Dream was supposed to be his masterpiece, but as everyone said, it's pretty depressing. Pi is a trippy sort of thriller that definitely won't depress you. Personally I liked it better, just because I don't like to be depressed.
Quote by xxieatbabiesxxx
I own it. It's incredibly depressing. Thank you to whoever said it was about more than just drugs. Anyone who thinks it's just about drugs really missed the point.

Anyways, if you liked Requiem for a Dream, you might like Pi as well. It's the same director, Daron Aranofsky. Requiem for a Dream was supposed to be his masterpiece, but as everyone said, it's pretty depressing. Pi is a trippy sort of thriller that definitely won't depress you. Personally I liked it better, just because I don't like to be depressed.

i was just about to post something about Pi

yeah Pi is a million times better in my opinion
Saw this movie like a month or 2 ago after my friend told me it was good so i told him to bring it over. And I thought it was gonna be a shit movie was actually surprised. I liked it a lot.
I like the book better. But both great.
* casualty01 slinks away, sad, with a paddle in one hand and a strap on in the other.
The end made me feel like no movie had ever made me feel before. It's indescribeable. Truly amazing.

BTW, Kronos Quartet did the music, which is great. It really added to the movie.
Call me Steve. All the cool kids are doin it.
Quote by crazynickman

Step One: Wake up in the LATE AFTERNOON
Step Two: Roll around in garbage and lyrical genius
Instant Bob Dylan.
I love that movie so much.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
That movie is incredible. I was very impressed with Marlon Wayans' acting. It remains the only movie I have ever seen that really moved me.
Quote by Dæmönika
I'm afraid of you...MDoggDX316phobia

Quote by Imperial
Yes, Master MDoggDX316

Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: The Hype Man of the UG Hip
Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
Quote by gangster-dolly
I love the music for it, really moving.

Lux Aeterna.
I have it on my mp3 player.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
by Kronos Quartet. Good stuff.
Call me Steve. All the cool kids are doin it.
Quote by crazynickman

Step One: Wake up in the LATE AFTERNOON
Step Two: Roll around in garbage and lyrical genius
Instant Bob Dylan.
Summer Overture and Lux Aeterna are my favorites.

and I enjoy the double-dildo ass to ass scene at the end.

=D
F.U.B.A.R.