Well, I have been writing this song on my acoustic, I love how the rythm parts came out, a couple of fancy chords + basic chords.
The only problem is the solo.
I normally play electric, but I have experience with acoustic songs, but I never played one with a solo.
When I play a pentatonic solo it sounds "weak" compared to the rythm parts.
I thought of kind of... getting slower and more quiet and then play a solo like that, with a nice melody, but I want to try a solo that sounds "bigger" any suggestions how to do that?
With a "bigger" solo I'm thinking of something like the solo in Mr. Big's "To be with you".
I just need some guidelines.
i've found from my experience that soloing on an acoustic has led me to more sustain than speed, alot more hammer ons than bends and lots of slides to boot.

Arpeggios are also the way to go!

But im not really that great a guitar player so the above may only highlight my weaknesses.
work more with melody's, phrasing, and arppeggio's (not necesarillary the sweeped ones)

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
yeh all of what they've said. also use A LOT of dynamics, ie loud/soft fast slow. and on top of that i think its always good depending on your rythm parts, you should use the neck to the fullest, ie covering upper and lower register again adding to the dynamic. also maybe some little riffs down low with a little palm muting, done well it can work wonders. i play in an acoustic trio act, and we write alot of lead parts for obvious reasons. we always find the key to acoustic lead is to just cram the whole song full of smaller shorter hooks, esp if you've got the advantage of multiple guitars.
Tommy Emmanuel C.G.P = The Man

Quote by civildp1
wouldn't it be awesome if you pulled a girls panties off and she smelled like cake?

Quote by SupremeACL
My mom used to fart a lot. It sucked.