What's the difference? Floating, set, floyd rose, etc?

I have no idea... Here's a pic of mine, what is mine, can I upgrade to a better one? etc?

Thanks guys!

Pic:

I believe mine is floating, however I have it set so it's sitting on the guitar... I do not have a whammy bar so I don't think it matters?
If you don't have or use a whammy it shouldn't matter much.

I have a cheap-o floating bridge and when i do use my whammy it knocks my tuning all out of whack, so until i replace it ( or the entire guitar ) i don't do any dive-bombs :P

You can upgrade if you want to use a whammy, the Floyd Rose II is pretty nice.

My next Ibanez will be one of the better models, i just got this one to learn more guitar on since i am primarily a Bassist.

Sweet Warlock btw.
Gear:
Charvel/Jackson 3B Bass
Jackson CMG Bass
Ibanez BTB575FM 5-String Bass
Vintage 70s Ampeg V9 SVT/ Ampeg 8x10 Cab
Fender Deluxe Blackout Telecaster

Angelus Mortem
Last edited by Angelus Mortem at Jan 30, 2007,
That looks like a set bridge, you could probably upgrade it to an OFR. Though, I don't recommend it, as it would easier, and less likely to screw up the guitar. Buy another guitar if you want a Floyd Rose.
I do not want another bridge, I'm asking about mine, what kind it is, what is the difference in bridges and would i matter if mine is sitting on the guitar as it is a floating bridge(i think)??
I can't tell what kind it is from that angle, but i don't think it's a floating bridge, i think Casualty got it right, it looks set to me too.

Floating Bridges have like a spring type mechanism... ( i am not qualified to really answer this :P ) to offset string tension... if they are not set properly, or are of cheap quality ( such as mine ) they are a REAL pain.
Gear:
Charvel/Jackson 3B Bass
Jackson CMG Bass

Angelus Mortem
Last edited by Angelus Mortem at Jan 30, 2007,
Wow, there are no Warlocks at the BC Rich webbie with a bridge like it.

http://www.bcrich.com/warlock.html

It might be one that they made for that particular year/model.

It looks decent, solid, fully adjustable... is there a problem with it?
Gear:
Charvel/Jackson 3B Bass
Jackson CMG Bass

Angelus Mortem
I can't help ya with that... wish i knew.

What all does it say on the headstock, the tiny lettering?
Gear:
Charvel/Jackson 3B Bass
Jackson CMG Bass

Angelus Mortem
AH!!!!

Platinum Series!

It was made by BC Rich then... i used to have a Platinum Series Warlock Bass.
Gear:
Charvel/Jackson 3B Bass
Jackson CMG Bass

Angelus Mortem
I have no idea where it's made. lol...

All I know is it's a BC Rich Platinum Series, BC Rich Progressive pickups, and whatever kinda bridge that is... I'd like to know more about it, but can't seem to find a site with a model like mine...
i can't either

and i was mistaken, it was the RAVE series that was korean made.

Yours is the real deal.

but i can not find one with a bridge like that anywhere on the net :P
Gear:
Charvel/Jackson 3B Bass
Jackson CMG Bass

Angelus Mortem
It does look kind of like one...

it might be.
Gear:
Charvel/Jackson 3B Bass
Jackson CMG Bass

Angelus Mortem
I'm lost... I have not seen a PLATINUM Series Warlock with a bridge like mine, nor with the BC Rich Progressive pickups...

Perhaps I got scammed and someone bolted a Platinum Series neck on another model Warlock?

Serial # is: 0002050340
Probably made in 2000

Bridge is normal floating ones, can go both ways but on very limited note.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Okay, there are two main types of bridges, Set bridges and tremolos. Tune-O-Matic style bridges/stoppieces are set. I think Tele bridges are set also. Tremolos have the ability to change the pitch of the strings by using a whammy bar. Strats have trems stock. Three main types of trems are the Wilkinson, Floyd Rose, and Kahler, if I'm not mistaken. The Ibanez Edge trems are based off the Floyd.

Floyd and Wilkinson (same as on a strat?) are fulcrum tremolos, as in, they go through the guitar. Basically, there is a block on the front of the guitar that holds the strings, and then the block runs through the guitar to the back, where there is a large cavity routed. In that cavity is a claw screwed into the left side of the guitar, and springs run from the claw to the block of the bridge coming from the front. When you put on strings, the springs get slightly stretched out, and the bridge starts to "float". You'll notice with a Floyd Rose, if you pick one string open, and bend one below it (without picking it), the open string will drop in pitch. When you bend the string, you're putting more tension on the string's side, so the springs stretch a little more, and the tremolo moves forward. Floating trems have a center point, and they can lower and raise pitch. Problem with tremolos is a matter of tuning. Keeping a tune with a trem is quite the hassle, and you can't raise pitch without a lock-nut.

More I haven't mentioned. Much more in fact. Check the back of your guitar to see if it has a cavity routed out.
It's got a set of springs, 5 to be exact. Also, my bridge floats up when the spring tension is properly set, as of now, my spring tension is set tight and the bridge is resting on the guitar's base due to the fact that I have no whammy bar.

I still have no idea anything else about the guitar. It seems to be a one of a kind deal, I can't even find pictures on google of a similar one.

I had Zakk Wylde Boomers on the guitar but am changing strings to a lower guage, I had tightened the springs on the guitar to stand up to the tension the Boomers had, they were raising the bridge as i was tuning. I will have to reset the springs back, is there a specific way to do this, or can I just kind of do it as I re-string/tune?

Also, if anyone knows where I can find a whammy bar to fit this guitar, that'd be awesome aswell. Normal whammy bars do not fit, strat style ones are too small it seems.