First off, yes I did a search and no other thread came up like this.

Now, do you believe in an all intelligent being that created everything around us everyhting we are, everything we will be, or do you, like me, believe that it is all a bunch of BS to keep people in line with what someone decided was right and wrong.

discuss.

pepsi
I believe "God" is a force, a natural force at that.

The Earth was created by this force (the big bang).

AND FOR THE NEXT CHRISTIAN, JEW, WHATEVERRR YOU ****ING RELIGION STINKS, RELIGION IS SHIT AND YOUR ****ING SHIT FOR FOLLOWING A BOOK, YOU IDIOTS!!!

Nuff said.

BYYYYYYYE.
turning agnostic to me was such a great turning point in my life, coz now i don't need to give a damn about all you crap-theistic assholes and you BS'ing about God while you piss on everything TRUE religion stands for and i mean the BIG 3 !!!!
I dont, i got banned because of that damn thread. lol.

Maybe im too blunt at the way i put my opinions. Meh. **** it.
Ah, right. Our weekly time where someone yells "RELIGUN SUX!" and think they've changed minds.

Yes, I believe in God/Intelligent Design, and if you want to debate on it, go to the Religion thread. I'd be happy to indulge you there.
<ter> quote me!
<alex> dont quote ter

<Barry> joe striani? is that the guy from the who?

Top Samurai of UG's Unofficial MST3K fan club, PM tossup to join

Quote by ss311
10/10 you gloriously peculiar chatter Voltan rocks.

Quote by deluxity
that's hot voltan
I believe in god, but not intelligent design, god just started things off and then let nature and evolution take it's course.
Quote by Pigdestroyer
I believe "God" is a force, a natural force at that.

The Earth was created by this force (the big bang).

AND FOR THE NEXT CHRISTIAN, JEW, WHATEVERRR YOU ****ING RELIGION STINKS, RELIGION IS SHIT AND YOUR ****ING SHIT FOR FOLLOWING A BOOK, YOU IDIOTS!!!

Nuff said.

BYYYYYYYE.

Yes, you seem like an intelligent fellow. Probably more intelligent than any theologist or religious person in the world, yes? I salute you, good sir.
Is that some kind of sarcasm, or do you actually agree?

I think people who follow a book, that cant be proven, "****ING MORONS". And from this book of bullshit, comes war.

Thats all christianity is. (ive actually been brought up in a heavy catholic belief, from my mum and my grandparents.)

Islam is just "HATE THE WHITES", racist shit. All that comes outta that religion are suicide bombers. (dont you dare ****ing call me small minded, because i have researched upon this, and everything is about hatred) The jewish religion is ****ing dumb as well, always ****ing moaning about how they have been opressed, bullshit.

Anyway heres what i believe in...

Music

That can be seen as a religious activity.
Deism.

Basically God created the universe and the very first creatures, then steped aside and let evolution take over.

Why?

1) The Big Bang is horseshit, for one. You might as well say that a tornado went through a junkyard and assembled an air-worthy Concorde.
2) No all-seeing, all-knowing, compassionate God would create an entire species just to extinct it.
3) The earth is not 6,000 years old, contrary to what creationists believe.
Quote by Pigdestroyer

I think people who follow a book, that cant be proven, "****ING MORONS". And from this book of bullshit, comes war.

Thats all christianity is. (ive actually been brought up in a heavy catholic belief, from my mum and my grandparents.)

Catholics are a sect of Christianity, not Christianity itself. In fact, everything that happened which you blame on all Christians, (Crusades, the Inquisition, corruption of power via pope) were all Catholic-based. Non-Catholics don't believe the pope has any sort of divine authority.

And in case you're wondering why this is relevant, the pope is the one who made such acts like the Inquisition. Often times, the pope had more power then the king, because if the king disagreed with the pope, he was a heretic.

Islam is just "HATE THE WHITES", racist shit. All that comes outta that religion are suicide bombers. (dont you dare ****ing call me small minded, because i have researched upon this, and everything is about hatred)

You are small-minded. The Koran has plenty of good moral values, and though it's not my religion, it's still a valid choice for people to make. I've met plenty of Muslims, but I've never met an aspiring suicide-bomber.

The jewish religion is ****ing dumb as well, always ****ing moaning about how they have been opressed, bullshit.

Music

Yea, how dare those dirty Jews feel oppressed, since all they did was live through death at every corner for centuries upon centures.

But if you want to continue this argument, I urge you to go to the Religion Thread, where I can properly debate you.
<ter> quote me!
<alex> dont quote ter

Quote by ss311

Quote by deluxity
that's hot voltan
i agree with Voltan, Pigdestroyer is an ignorant fool who believes too much bullshit.
Quote by Pigdestroyer

Islam is just "HATE THE WHITES", racist shit. All that comes outta that religion are suicide bombers. (dont you dare ****ing call me small minded, because i have researched upon this, and everything is about hatred) The jewish religion is ****ing dumb as well, always ****ing moaning about how they have been opressed, bullshit.

Music

Dude, you are stupid beyond words.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.

1) The Big Bang is horseshit, for one. You might as well say that a tornado went through a junkyard and assembled an air-worthy Concorde.
2) No all-seeing, all-knowing, compassionate God would create an entire species just to extinct it.
3) The earth is not 6,000 years old, contrary to what creationists believe.

What is your saying here?

A tornado is one thing, the big bang is totally another.

The big bang is all about gravitational pull, one day, kaboom, then rocks starting colliding with one another and pulling each other in. Like a snowball, the very same thing happens, you roll it down a hill, it collects snow, it grows bigger.

This is how the planets were made.

If there is a god, he wouldnt have made it corrupt and evil like it is.

6000 years old? i agree with you there, that is rather dumb.
Quote by Pigdestroyer
What is your saying here?

A tornado is one thing, the big bang is totally another.

*sigh*

*takes in deep breath*

He wasn't saying the big bang WAS a tornado, he was making an analogy.

The big bang is all about gravitational pull, one day, kaboom, then rocks starting colliding with one another and pulling each other in. Like a snowball, the very same thing happens, you roll it down a hill, it collects snow, it grows bigger.

You contradict yourself. The Big Bang is a theory of origin, meaning there were no rocks in the first place to collide with each other. Also, it would've required some sort of force to cause those rocks to start colliding. And your snow analogy supports God rather then the big bang, as you state that someone rolls it down the hill, it doesn't just start rolling down on it's own.

If there is a god, he wouldnt have made it corrupt and evil like it is.

1) He didn't, we did, won't argue that point here, GO TO THE RELIGION THREAD.

2) Please stop trying to make your case here, do some research, and come back to the religion thread when your ready to have a debate instead of calling all religious people morons.
<ter> quote me!
<alex> dont quote ter

Quote by ss311

Quote by deluxity
that's hot voltan
Quote by sadistic_monkey
I suppose having faith in an almighty being is nice, but the Appendix kind of throws him off.

It does nothing, except randomly kill you.

Doesn't that work more against evolution, since we aren't supposed to evolve something that we don't need?
<ter> quote me!
<alex> dont quote ter

Quote by ss311

Quote by deluxity
that's hot voltan
Voltan i was saying, a tornado is totally different from the big bang.

Also, it would've required some sort of force to cause those rocks to start colliding.

Gravity

And your snow analogy supports God rather then the big bang, as you state that someone rolls it down the hill, it doesn't just start rolling down on it's own.

Its clear you are an idiot, i was making a comparision of how a planet evolves. You look into things way too much. Go and sleep.

The Big Bang is a theory of origin, meaning there were no rocks in the first place to collide with each other

Erm the rocks were caused by the big bang. Meaning the big bang, created everything in essence.
ok if humans really did decend from apes, how come there are still apes? many times scientists have said they have found the missing link but those fossils have always been found out as pig bones many times they have been found miles and miles apart. so again back to my question why are there still apes?
why did God put a no solicitors sign on heaven?
cause bob dylan kept knockin on heavens door
Quote by VoltanEchoes
Doesn't that work more against evolution, since we aren't supposed to evolve something that we don't need?

exactly what I was thinking.

My opinion: I believe there is a God. I believe that he created the universe. Whatver theory is actually correct (i.e. Big Bang), I believe was caused by him.

I also think evolution is very plausible, but I must ask how do you know it was not caused by God? THis isn't an argument, because of course there isnt anything to back it up...it's jsut simply my own opinion.

ALthough I believe in God and such, I wouldn't call myself a Christian though. The whole religion thing is truning me off a bit lately. Well, actually, not the religion itself, but the people who claimm to be devout followers of it.

EDIT:
Quote by Pigdestroyer
Voltan i was saying, a tornado is totally different from the big bang.

Gravity

Its clear you are an idiot, i was making a comparision of how a planet evolves. You look into things way too much. Go and sleep.

Erm the rocks were caused by the big bang. Meaning the big bang, created everything in essence.

But how does a big bang jsut burst out of nothing and then create rocks? I doubt your knowledge of this subject, as you don't even appear to know much about the actual theory itself.
Last edited by the_experience at Jan 30, 2007,
Quote by VoltanEchoes
But at least it's proof that it was needed beforehand. I suppose it hasn't been disposed of because, for the most part, it hasn't need to be.
Quote by sadistic_monkey
But at least it's proof that it was needed beforehand. I suppose it hasn't been disposed of because, for the most part, it hasn't need to be.

Yeah...I guess that can kind of be argued on both sides. Either way, why the hell do we have it!?!?! I'd really like to know.
Based on measurements of the expansion of the universe using Type 1a supernovae, measurements of temperature fluctuations in the cosmic microwave background, and measurements of the correlation function of galaxies, the universe has a calculated age of 13.7 ± 0.2 billion years. The agreement of these three independent measurements is considered strong evidence for the so-called ΛCDM model that describes the detailed nature of the contents of the universe.

The early universe was filled homogeneously and isotropically with an incredibly high energy density and concomitantly huge temperatures and pressures. It expanded and cooled, going through phase transitions pertinent to elementary particles.

Approximately 10−35 seconds after the Planck epoch a phase transition caused the universe to experience exponential growth during a period called cosmic inflation. After inflation stopped, the material components of the universe were in the form of a quark-gluon plasma (also including all other particles—and perhaps experimentally produced recently as a quark-gluon liquid [3]) in which the constituent particles were all moving relativistically. As the universe continued growing in size, the temperature dropped. At a certain temperature, by an as-yet-unknown transition called baryogenesis, the quarks and gluons combined into baryons such as protons and neutrons, somehow producing the observed asymmetry between matter and antimatter. Still lower temperatures led to further symmetry breaking phase transitions that put the forces of physics and elementary particles into their present form. Later, some protons and neutrons combined to form the universe's deuterium and helium nuclei in a process called Big Bang nucleosynthesis. As the universe cooled, matter gradually stopped moving relativistically and its rest mass energy density came to gravitationally dominate that of radiation. After about 300,000 years the electrons and nuclei combined into atoms (mostly hydrogen); hence the radiation decoupled from matter and continued through space largely unimpeded. This relic radiation is the cosmic microwave background.

Over time, the slightly denser regions of the nearly uniformly distributed matter gravitationally attracted nearby matter and thus grew even denser, forming gas clouds, stars, galaxies, and the other astronomical structures observable today. The details of this process depend on the amount and type of matter in the universe. The three possible types are known as cold dark matter, hot dark matter, and baryonic matter. The best measurements available (from WMAP) show that the dominant form of matter in the universe is cold dark matter. The other two types of matter make up less than 20% of the matter in the universe.

The universe today appears to be dominated by a mysterious form of energy known as dark energy. Approximately 70% of the total energy density of today's universe is in this form. This dark energy causes the expansion of the universe to deviate from a linear velocity-distance relationship, observed as a faster than expected expansion at very large distances. Dark energy in its simplest formulation takes the form of a cosmological constant term in Einstein's field equations of general relativity, but its composition is unknown and, more generally, the details of its equation of state and relationship with the standard model of particle physics continue to be investigated both observationally and theoretically.

All these observations are encapsulated in the ΛCDM model of cosmology, which is a mathematical model of the Big Bang with six free parameters. Mysteries appear as one looks closer to the beginning, when particle energies were higher than can yet be studied by experiment. There is no compelling physical model for the first 10−33 seconds of the universe, before the phase transition that grand unification theory predicts. At the "first instant", Einstein's theory of gravitation predicts a gravitational singularity where densities become infinite.[15] To resolve this paradox, a theory of quantum gravitation is needed. Understanding this period of the history of the universe is one of the greatest unsolved problems in physics.
People, the appendix once had a useful purpose, but it has lost its original functionality, much like the vestigial limbs on whales and snakes.

And the appendix is the most obvious evidence against intelligent design, because it makes no sense for an intelligent designer to design humas with appendices, a second set of teeth, or that bone that's above your shoulder blade... if you feel your shoulder, it seems to be poking out somewhat... that was originally an attachment point for extra muscle required by our ancestors who walked on all fours and thus needed more powerful forward limbs.

Now, to those who keep saying: maybe God started everything and then everything evolved... I have proven that this theory is IMPOSSIBLE, in the Creation vs Evolution thread, where this discussion actually belongs.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Mad Marius
People, the appendix once had a useful purpose, but it has lost its original functionality, much like the vestigial limbs on whales and snakes.

And the appendix is the most obvious evidence against intelligent design, because it makes no sense for an intelligent designer to design humas with appendices, a second set of teeth, or that bone that's above your shoulder blade... if you feel your shoulder, it seems to be poking out somewhat... that was originally an attachment point for extra muscle required by our ancestors who walked on all fours and thus needed more powerful forward limbs.

Now, to those who keep saying: maybe God started everything and then everything evolved... I have proven that this theory is IMPOSSIBLE, in the Creation vs Evolution thread, where this discussion actually belongs.

I've never heard of that bone thing before. For curiosity's sake, do you know the name of it?
Im trying to prove that the dogs of naam 394 are in fact monkeys sent from the cosmic penis 9. Ejaculate this 4 times and you on the ball son. 5 is this answer, dont ask me for calculations, because the cow holds all keys bearing south.

End of jam.
Quote by Pigdestroyer
Im trying to prove that the dogs of naam 394 are in fact monkeys sent from the cosmic penis 9. Ejaculate this 4 times and you on the ball son. 5 is this answer, dont ask me for calculations, because the cow holds all keys bearing south.

End of spam.

fixed and reported
Quote by Pigdestroyer

End of jam.

dude, come on.

intelligent conversation suddenly destroyed
Well it was going to turn into a flaming thread. So instead of being attacked by retards, i defend myself wittering retarded things. Defence is the best attack.

Besides... this thread is in the wrong place, so it goes to say the person who posted it is a bit on the dumb side.

fixed and reported

OH NOEZ!!11

MEZZA BEEN REPOT0RD, CALL ZE F3DZ!!11
Last edited by Pigdestroyer at Jan 30, 2007,