a buudy of mine is getting a new guitar for his birthday, his mom ask me to find a good guitar for him around 700-1000 dollars canadian roughly (he has no knowlege that hes getting a guitar, btw)

he is also lefthanded and would like a nice metal guitar such as an ibanez or a jackson dinky, or similar shape. since the guitar is lefthanded it has to be ordered in cause their usually not on the shelf so i cant see for myself, any sugestions to a good guitar following these specs?
Quote by Paddles
I feel sorry for the drummer, he gets stuck with a guitarist who can't hold a rhythm to save his life and a vocalist in the middle of a heavy-flow month.
Ibanez RG 1570 L
This parrot wouldn't voom if you'd put 4000 Volts through it.

Quote by ZoSo.Led.Zep.
you sir are an idioit

Ibanez RG3120F

- Wizard Prestige neck.
- 5pc. maple/walnut neck material.
- Mahogany/AAA flamed maple top body
- Dark amber finish.
- 24 jumbo frets.
- Rosewood finger Board.
- Edge Pro bridge.
- DiMarzio IBZ (H) neck pickup.
- DiMarzio IBZ (H) bridge pickup.
- Pearl dot inlay.
- Hardshell case included.

If not, maybe an ESP v-500, or an Eclipse. Is he (parent, whatever) looking into a hard tail, or soft tail guitar?
i doesnt show either of those models on the canadian site, so does that mean they wont be availible in canada?

^ i woundnt know srry
Quote by Paddles
I feel sorry for the drummer, he gets stuck with a guitarist who can't hold a rhythm to save his life and a vocalist in the middle of a heavy-flow month.
Quote by randyrhoads...
i doesnt show either of those models on the canadian site, so does that mean they wont be availible in canada?

^ i woundnt know srry

Go to a local store, pick him up an Ibanzez or ESP or something that is great for metal, and restring it for a left hander.
re stringing a righty would be useless srry. he listens to alot of metal like maiden, ozzy & sabbath and some of the newer bands, basically alot of things.
btw the guitar he has now is a gibson sg
Quote by Paddles
Quote by AdamDK
Go to a local store, pick him up an Ibanzez or ESP or something that is great for metal, and restring it for a left hander.

Dude.. Thats just dumb.

Definitely the Ibanez RG1570L
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
What kinda amp has he got??
Guitars
ESP LTD EC-1000 w/EMGs
Squire Showmaster tuned to D standard

Amps
Laney Hardcore MXD65 (for sale)
Harley Benton 212V

Pedals
Boss DS-1
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-3
Boss CE-5
Morley bad horsie 2

Next to buy
New amp
Quote by The Casualty
Well, it's a little too late for that...

How, sure his mum hasn't bought anything yet has she?? He could tell her he'd be better off with a new amp, that is if he doen't have a good amp
Guitars
ESP LTD EC-1000 w/EMGs
Squire Showmaster tuned to D standard

Amps
Laney Hardcore MXD65 (for sale)
Harley Benton 212V

Pedals
Boss DS-1
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-3
Boss CE-5
Morley bad horsie 2