Okay, I'm meeting my girlfriends family for the first time on Thursday. I've met her Dad and Brother before, but now I'm meeting Grandparents and Aunties and shit.

I'm not really overly nervous, as I've met quite a lot of her family before, but all of those times I was healthy and not doped up to my eyeballs. Y'see, I've got 2 different kinds of viral infections and a chest infection, which is making me cough up yellow mucus and giving me the worst headaches I've ever expierienced.

So, I'm on painkillers and about 94 other kinds of prescribed medicines, which all make me drowsy and giggle and, well.. basically just act like a bit of an arse.

My question is, what do I do to get over the nerves whilst being basically stoned infront of my girlfriends entire family?

Oh, and what to wear?

Sorry, strange thread, probably spam too...

Well explain that you are on medication.. Or put off the meeting, if you want to make a better impression.

And dress casual/smart nothing too formal unless stated otherwise.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Just explain to them that your pretty much f**ked at the minute, and that you dont usually act like an arse. Also unless its a formal occassion just wear what you normally would.
Manchester United Est. 1878

Do you DIG?

Cos I DIG.
Good suggestion.. that's what I did when I met her mother, looking for something a bit different this time though.
Well if your stoned at the time, you'll not have nerves when you get there :P

But seriously, if your that worried, tell them you can't go to meet them due to being ill or you'll be all strange cause of the meds you have.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by JamMan*
Restaurant.

Dress smart, not overly smart, be yourself, don't make stupid jokes, be friendly, don't be quiet but don't be too loud.

Jeans, smart-ish trainers, a plain t-shirt and a jacket/cardigan thing.
I think when I get there I might just tell them all;

"Hi, I'm James. I've been ****ing you're daughter/neice/granddaughter for about a year now, I'm on medication and I feel like shit."

And then just collapse?
Quote by Zakk_Wylde001
Dress smart, not overly smart, be yourself, don't make stupid jokes, be friendly, don't be quiet but don't be too loud.

Jeans, smart-ish trainers, a plain t-shirt and a jacket/cardigan thing.

Converse, jeans.. erm.. I think I have a plain T-Shirt and are we talking Kurt Cobain esque cardigan?
Quote by JamMan*
I think when I get there I might just tell them all;

"Hi, I'm James. I've been ****ing you're daughter/neice/granddaughter for about a year now, I'm on medication and I feel like shit."

And then just collapse?

Or that.

I remember I kinda met all my girlfriends family in "dribs and drabs" if you know what that means

But she had a family gathering a few months ago, where her entire family was there, cousins, aunties, family friends, the lot. I ended up having a decent night, respect them, and they'll respect you.

EDIT:
Quote by JamMan*
Converse, jeans.. erm.. I think I have a plain T-Shirt and are we talking Kurt Cobain esque cardigan?

I wouldn't go converse. I'll try and find a picture. You're making me late for college here
Last edited by Zakk_Wylde001 at Jan 30, 2007,
Well.. so far I've met...

Her mum quite a lot, she likes me so that's okay.
Her mum's parents once, they seemed to like me and I was very polite and shook hands and such.
Her dad and brother, they liked me too.. even though they're chav's and I was in my school uniform and we had just done teh secks before they arrived.

So this time I think I'll be meeting her 'other' grandparents and some aunts/uncles.

Edit: Cheers! lol.
Quote by JamMan*
Well.. so far I've met...

Her mum quite a lot, she likes me so that's okay.
Her mum's parents once, they seemed to like me and I was very polite and shook hands and such.
Her dad and brother, they liked me too.. even though they're chav's and I was in my school uniform and we had just done teh secks before they arrived.

So this time I think I'll be meeting her 'other' grandparents and some aunts/uncles.

Edit: Cheers! lol.

Well, as long as you look smart, yet casual at the same time, and don't act like a tit I'm sure you'll be fine
Dear lord...

On topic, if you can't get out of it b/c of being sick and all, just dress like you would for a school picture. That's what I've always used as a benchmark.