Ok, let's say that you had a gig. Not a huge one, but a good one. Anyway, you're a few hours from going on and your amp blows up. Ok, this would suck. You drive to the nearest guitar shop and the only amps they had in stock were Line 6 spiders or a Marshall MG's. Ok, youre due to be back on and you HAD to borrow one of these, and there's no other option. What would you choose.

ps, im only asking this because i know how much everyone hates them.
Last edited by DeadMansCurve at Jan 30, 2007,
I dont find the newer series of spiders to be half bad, the old ones hurt though. So i'd say the spiders
Spider
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
hehe.. once posted the same question in a "would you rather.." thread.

but spider. Spider > MG

...what kinda shop only stocks Spiders and MGs?
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Spider, that's a fairly easy decision. Or I'd just cancel, I wouldn't buy an amp just for a gig, unless it was an amazing deal. (JCM900 for £30? Yes plz)
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
First beg the support for an amp to borrow - I'm sure once you explained that it was MG or spider they'd take pity!!! But from MG or spider... probably MG actually. I've practised with a friends spider before and HATED it. I couldn't find anything like the tone i wanted. Plus if it were a few hours before a gig, I reckon the MG woul dbe easier to get to grips with in a short time.
Quote by Doodleface
hehe.. once posted the same question in a "would you rather.." thread.

but spider. Spider > MG

...what kinda shop only stocks Spiders and MGs?

my local music shop lol
MG

Im only saying this, because i own one.

Its a great amp IMO.

But then again, i havent played on a line 6.
I'd shoot myself. We just played a huge gig and the other guitar player in my band uses a new spider II head w/ a hiwatt cab. It doesn't sound bad but it is a pain to play with and try to set up.
Quote by DeadMansCurve
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjlOtNW9eLE
Theres a demo of an MG100 and it sounds good. I have played them and they do not sound like that. this guy must be doing something to get that out of it.

You have to skip past the talking, it's nothing important.

I'm more interesting in what kind of guitar he's using.

Anyone know?
It depends on the music I would be playing. And I wouldn't buy it, I'd borrow it from them
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████