I am looking for a tube amp that is between 10 and 25 watts. Im trying to get as close as i can to Slash's tone. Right now im looking at:

Orange Tiny Terror with a Orange 1x12 Cab.

Traynor YCV20WR.

Laney LC15R.

Does anyone know how well any of those amps could hit Slash's tone. And anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Price limit is $1000 USD
well, orange amps can get you a vintage tone much like slash's but its gonna be a more modern type of sound. i dunno if that makes sense. but thats how it is.

i dunno much about the other 2, but really, you cant go wrong with an orange. just stay with the tube ones. especially if your going to spend that much $$.

also, if you have a cab...you can get a jcm 800 for about or under $1000 USD. its basically what slash uses. he actually uses jubilees, but the 800 is kinda the same idea.
[B]Member of the Orange Revolution Club. Buy an Orange to join.
Member #16 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.
Yeh, a used JCM800, possibly with some sort of booster/overdrive pedal would do the job.

A Laney VC15/30 might also be one for the idea stew.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
Ah yes - that's a good point. You could always get an attenutator.

Gabel has a reissue Marshall Plexi and an attentuator (from Weber I think) and he says he gets great sounds out of it.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
wow. i like the looks of that Budda. looks pretty sweet, finally a higher gain low wattage amp