So it's 9 in the morning here, and I've been up all night rockin out, mostly trying to get the rock version of Canon down (ahhhhhhh, dont try to learn it, because it'll only make you wanna punch a kitten) and I figured I'd make a little clip for you guys to listen to, and probably bash, lol. I'm aware that my sweeps aren't great, and not very clean, but I'm working on it. I found one of my dads old delay\ echo pedals and I wanted to play around with it. Anyways, I've played tonight since 10, that's about 12 hours, lol. I did some volume swelling in it to try the whole violin technique out. Anyways, critique away.

It's the one called "The Up All Night Shred"

http://konniption.dmusic.com/
..::RIP::..
Randy Rhoads & Dimebag
Last edited by X_Deathrow_X at Jan 30, 2007,
Dude good that your trying to challenge yourself no doubt.. but Id say just come up with exercise's to improve your technique...

The picking was pretty harsh sounding, no dynamics total lack of legato!!! WHY?!.. picking too much sucks.. also the main thing is your tone was totally nasty! Could be a cheap amp but..

Back off the treble to about 2-3 O'clock!.. layoff the gain a touch maybe a fair bit.. no need to have it beef if your just gonna go round picking everything!.. set the mids to about 11 O'clock maybe turn up the bass if your backed off it at all...

I'd say just focus on getting your technique to a higher level before you try to tackle bits like cannon... Sorry dude I don't mean to bash!! Im just being honest... damn good effort though man keep it up!!
Thanks for the advice. Yeah my amp is horrible, its a Eleca or something, lol, 10 watt, and I use a MT-2 Metal Zone. I used to really be into Zakk Wylde, actually I still am, and that's where I got the picking from. I thought things sounded a little more aggressive if is just picked everything, lol. I hope you didnt listen to any of the old ones on my dmusic, lol, then you'll definitely think I suck, lol.

To tell you the truth, I think you're focusing more on the recording than my playing. The picking does sound harsh, but don't you think that could be the recording and the amp? If I'm missing a bunch of notes, I think that might be picking harshly. I'm using a cheap mic, a cheap amp, and just playing around with echo controls on this pedal. I didnt intend for it to be a good recording, I was just messing around. Then again, maybe I do suck, lol.
Randy Rhoads & Dimebag
Last edited by X_Deathrow_X at Jan 30, 2007,
Hey man Im not saying you suck!.. your much better than like 99% of the ppl I know!

Hmm its hard to say it could be down to quality of recording, not having a decent amp prob makes up for pretty much all of it!! fair enuff if it was just messin about... I know I dont bother uploading a lot of the time because the recording just makes it sound crap..
lol, i'll try doing a video sometime, and set the camera a good ways away from my amp so the pick strikes arent sound loud. I had the computer mic shoved into the speaker of the amp, lol, and maybe if I did a video, it might come out better.
Randy Rhoads & Dimebag