Hey guys, I got a VOX amp by Valvelectronix...
and boy does it tottally rip apart my stupid practice amp...
But I was wondering... My gut tells me this would be a bad idea, but a few peole I know claim it wouldn't be...

Would it be a dumb idea to amp an acoustic guitar using this things clean settings?

Just wondering...
You mean an acoustic electric?

There's nothing wrong with doing that, I've done it for gigs before through a fender twin. It won't sound as nice as it would if you had an acoustic amp, but it won't hurt anything.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Yeah Witrudd, it's really awesome...
Only problem was, a week after getting it my guitar pickups went lol... stupid thing.

So now I'm playing with only one pick up and it doesnt sound too awesome anymore... I have to wait til I get some money to get a fender one.
I'm going to go Gibsom because I'm angry at fender for my old guitar.
Quote by luxienai
Only problem was, a week after getting it my guitar pickups went lol... stupid thing.

So now I'm playing with only one pick up and it doesnt sound too awesome anymore... I have to wait til I get some money to get a fender one.

Just because you got a dud doesn't make fender a bad brand.

Buy for sound and feel, not a bad experience with only one guitar.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by luxienai

I'm guessing you had a squier judging by the way you're talking cos A) Fenders don't just go, unless you've had it for ages and ages.
and B)You're saying thay you're going to go to gibson, as if you only know of fender and gibson.
hah, no. i'm well read I know of other companys. It was a terrible starcaster because I'm poorer than poor can be. I've been play for 2 years now and it's just a cheapo guitar.

I said gibson because I have experience with a friends gibson and I liked it.

I was thinking of getting an explorer.

The reason I say I don't want another fender is because I'm ready for a different tone and feeling... I have a Peavy acoustic electric, and it actually sounds better on distortion than my fender lol.
Last edited by luxienai at Jan 30, 2007,
Well a fender Starcaster is actully not really a Fender. Id reccomend a Fender MIM Strat or an Epiphone Explorer at the mean time!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
yeah the Epiphone explorer looks really nice.... but there is a guitar store near me that has a couple gibson explorer pro's and they just look breath taking.

And as soon as I get paid I'll have enough to go get one.
I'm gunna go lay away one.